View Single Post
      02-26-2024, 01:07 PM   #1
Alvin Mpower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

How "Common Courtesy" is Spoiling Bad Drivers

Been reading on couple bad driver's Facebook Forums, seems like people love to make a big deal on merging. They complain about people not move over to let people merge. I see myself everyday people just force their way into the lane, it's like they have no clue what "YIELD" sign means. Then they proceed to say its "common courtesy" to move over and let people merge.

I just want to say, COMMON COURTESY IS NOT PART OF THE LAW. Law says slow down at yield sign and stop if not possible to merge. Just because one guy moved over for me doesn't mean I expect everyone else to. It's ok if they don't, it's my job to follow the law and merge the right way. People are so spoiled with "common courtesy", expect other people to do things for you but you can't do your part of the job right. It's common courtesy for the car to move over for you to merge, but isn't it also common courtesy to not force yourself to merge and put others in the harms way? They aren't moving over maybe because their exist lane is coming up? Maybe they can't because the other lane is clogged? Maybe they just cruising and not paying attention? On the phone talking to someone? In the car arguing with their wife about nonsense?

People are so fixated on how other people need to act, but they can't even act right themselves. They think everyone else is to blame for the fault when in reality they are the ones at fault. Not everyone have "Common courtesy", and there is nothing wrong with them. Just because you did something nice for someone doesn't mean they will always return a favorite. I learn not to expect anything back when I help other people, because I choose to do what I did. What other people are doing are none of my business. It's my job to do what I feel right, and what the law says to do.

If you can't drive without others around you aiding you, you shouldn't be driving.
ASAP10208.50
Joachim349.00
Buug95917868.00
Donatello.1099.50