03-27-2022, 02:58 PM   #24
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Metal euro bumpers bolt up to early cars (pre-9/87), plastic euro bumpers bolt up to later cars (9/87 and later). BTDT several times over with E30s I've owned and E30s I helped several friends with. Cabrio facelift took place in 12/88 if I recall correctly. The car in my signature is mine, '87 iS with a build date of 12/86 that I retrofitted an OEM M Technic kit to. This is how I have all of this info in my head; it was quite the undertaking.

You may not be trying to be a dick, but you are succeeding.
LOL. So in the USA, no US Market E30 ever had the original metal Euro (I'll say low profile) bumpers. Anyone that has an idea of a US market E30 with "Euro bumpers", which appeared from the factory as the 1989 model year update, thinks of the plastic (cover) bumpers. So now saying you meant the metal Euro bumpers only ever available on European E30's AND the plastic bumpers is a bit disingenuous at this point; you could have been more clear, but you were not.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0