View Single Post
      01-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #23
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

update on my install 4*102mm and first impression:

I showed up at the shop this morning and do the install. After the shop guy took my car in and proceeded to cut the stock exhaust off, the shop guy said to me "You are going to love the E-Race". I said to him I had asked you to order the 'Sport', NOT 'Race' because I believed the 'Sport' is more suited for me. He double checked and realized he ordered the wrong version for me. He asked me if I am willing to go with the 'Race' as it would cost him $ for re-ordering due to shipping & other FX expenses. At the end, I was kind of unwilling but decide to just go with the 'Race'.

The installation took about 2.5 hrs with some finer adjustments to make the fitment to be flushed with the diffuser (almost to the same spec. as the stock setting). In the end, the guy did achieved the look I wanted.

I took a somewhat of an extensive drive for about 1 - 1.5 hrs, in both highways & local roads and I do notice there is a drone around the 1500-2000 rpm and the noise is fairly loud to me, perhaps, I am used to the stock exhaust with little noise. I guess I will have to let the E-Race break in and see the drone noise will lower over the next couple thousands of km.

Last edited by bobblehead; 01-03-2014 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0