09-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #16
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotM5 View Post
I have the iPhone 4S adapter in my car. I got it for the phone clarity (direct link) vs Bluetooth and the ability to use the outside antenna. I've tested it with a variety of calls and it does "seem" clearer.

Also, re the heat, the adapter has a small built in fan in the cradle. I haven't experienced any overheating or heat buildup.
The phone uses Bluetooth for calls even while it's in the cradle, so any increased phone clarity you're hearing is either due to reception improvements from induction through the baseplate from the external antenna, or it's entirely in your head. Now, MUSIC from the phone benefits tremendously from a wired connection compared to Bluetooth. Bluetooth definitely doesn't sound bad, but on higher-bitrate audio it's definitely not as good as being directly connected.

I've had my phone power off and show a temperature warning on the display even while connected to the fan-equipped cradle. Granted, it was 105 F outside and I had just gotten into my black interior car that had been sitting outside and it was before I had tint, plus I was using it to stream Pandora at the time which seems to warm up the phone in general, but it can happen.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0