01-19-2017, 01:04 PM   #15
ConsumerFanatics
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
I neither have DragonFly or an IPhone, so I am not sure what either does.

BT Streaming and 3.5mm (alone) will always sound worse than USB; you might as well be listening to HD Radio or Satellite. If you do not wish to use USB and insist on playing from iphone, I assume DragonFly is the way to go.

It would be interesting to hear your comparison on same FLAC files using DragonFly vs USB flash drive/External HD. I am also curious if DragonFly USB end can be plugged into vehicle. Are music files not processed twice, once with device and second time through vehicle?
Thanks for your comment. I don't insist on anyone doing anything, but should M5 owners have a DragonFly or any portable USB DAC, I'd encourage them to give it a try, as I think it complements the B&O system quite well.

I would compare FLAC files on USB if I actually owned FLAC files. I don't have a way to rip CDs. I know I can download these, but the extent of my experiment is limited by my laziness .

As for plugging the DFR into the car's USB. You can, but I don't know what the practical purpose would be; you'd be limited to listening to your car's music through your headphones.
Appreciate 0