View Single Post
      02-19-2018, 02:24 PM   #4
sw_tiger
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 M5

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [0.00]
Yes if you read my update it was the DSC ECU about 1.000 euros.

Did you try replacing the sensor? That is the cheapest part which may be damaged.
If you need one, I have a spare new one I bought and tried with, but could not return.

PS I heard rumors that it can be a fuse that needs to be replaced. If you have time and knowledge check your fuse box and search for any fuse that can relate to the current problem.

Good luck mate.

*Update

So it turns out you do not need to program anything when replacing the DSC, you simply install the new one. However, this did not solve my problem.

The next step I took was replacing the left sensor with the right to see if the problem would move from front/left to front/right.
This was not the case, I read about a lof of people resolving similar issue by also replacing the wheel bearing. What I did to conclude wheel bearing problem was changing the front/left with the front/right to see if the problem (again) would change its destination.

However, again, this was not the issue. After scanning with ISTA/Rheingold the problem continued to pop up on the front/left, I figure now that the next step needs to be the DSC Module (which is expensive).

Now I decide to leave the car to BMW to take a look at the problem. They came to the conclusion that it indeed was the DSC control unit that had to be replaced, luckily my insurance company stood for half the price tag and now the car is fixed
Appreciate 0