View Single Post
      01-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #33
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
I think you Americans are taking 'adjustable side bolsters' (or lack of them) a tad bit too serious? Sounds as if you guys are all so thin that keep rolling from one side to another during turns?

It's nowhere that useful unless you're on a track and in no way that comfortable to be talking about it 24/7. I have them and never use them, they're not tall enough to prevent body roll. There are so many more important and realistic concerns for this car's engineering, I wonder if Germans laugh at this becoming a #1 complaint.
I'm not sure that I can concur with you Singularity. I am a pretty thin guy and I do slide around a bit when pushing it hard (that's what she said). I miss the days in my E60 M5 when I would push the start button and the side bolsters would automatically squeeze in on you. Then either setting the Active Side Bolster to Sport+ or putting them fully in during hard driving. It really made a difference in the character of the M5.

Maybe you would feel different, if in your country the F10 M5 did not come with the comfort access system at all, a feature that was in the previous E60 M5, and something that you expected BMW to obviously incorporate in the car because almost all other BMW models have it, yet not your M5, which is supposed to be BMW's highest performance model.

For us American's it's like 50% a matter of principle, and 25% a matter of lack of driving experience, and 25% a matter of lack of convenience. I don't like sliding around in my seat during corning, it makes a big difference to be locked into your seat by your waist.

Besides, us American's are all too spoiled. I mean look at what happened with the 2007 M5, BMW introduced a 6spd manual because American's bitched and complained so much. Haha!

Appreciate 0