View Single Post
      05-01-2020, 11:52 PM   #106
GreenRacingM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

I have an f10 M5 and I have tuned and flashed as well as tuned standalone systems and I have been the guy in the car tuning and logging, keeping everything within parameters.
I’m new to the f10 M5 tuning but learning quickly about a lot of fighting about tunes.

I find this odd considering there is an openflash version or a reflasher that exists to tweak your own map if you are within certain limits. The easy button these days sounds pretty good with MHD or BM3 or DME tuning or another brand, I’m not sure exactly the interfaces yet. I know Shiv knows his stuff from other cars I’ve owned and I’d trust his tune over anyone on here, from my experience and not knowing the other guys. Again no cars should blow up from a tune and protections even adding the jb4 just for better controls and fueling options for the top end sound like they protect just as much as they add power. Methanol or E85 lowers the temps dramatically in these cars and takes away the odds of detonation.

I’d like to build a map for 21psi that is safe and makes crazy power, intakes/DP/tune
Daily driver Map until I get the extra fueling somehow.

I’ve read they are not responsive now for OFT and that seams like a great fit for tuners.
I’m afraid to get one without any support long term, maybe add jb4 and fueling kit

I’ve used MHD and Jb4 and ecutek, and AEM, and LINK and rom raider and others.

The BM3 sounds tempting or the evolve if they are similar to MHD and easy. These tunes sound like they should be at 22psi max with 5 degrees of timing at 1500 ramping up to 6 degrees around 3500, 7 degrees and ramping up with boost and fueling to keep air/fuels around 12.2 to 12.7

It’s a shame the stock clutches are only good for 650whp, but not a big deal.

Building boost and removing low end timing is important for protecting engines as well as the cylinder walls at low RPM especially of the plugs are not gapped to 0.02, and potentially a colder heat range seams more like a requirement to me the more I read.

Colder plugs are a big deal if the cylinder pressures and temperatures are getting too hot from the low timing advance and boost added, perhaps duty cycles need to be increased but I need to log and see the injector duty cyl max since the HPFP seams to have the old N54 problems with the 335i.

I’ve seen many posts about adding 50/50 water/methanol and this really makes a lot of sense since again the best option e85 for us in the Midwest is 105octane corn juice.

No tunes should be blowing up anything these days. Timing/heat low rpms high boost protections and top end fueling (adding another injector over X psi, assuming 23psi or 24psi?)

But I digress...glad to see lots of tuned M5s!

What can I tune myself, log, retune, log, retune, log, retune? Only Openflash OFT?
Exotic Cars & Coffee Louisville KY, 2011 M3 DCT 43K E93, 2014 X3 3.5i xdrive MHD Ceramic DP VRSF, Sold E93 335i, Sold, E90 335i, Sold M roadster, Sold 330i msport, Sold E60 08 V10 M5, Sold E90 335i, F10 BMW M5
Appreciate 0