vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesteen View Post
Hi all,

So yesterday I was just cruising around in Sport + and did a quick pull under a bridge. Seconds later, a F10 M5 flies by and has clearly had work done to it. His exhaust is much louder, significantly louder pops and bangs and I can hear the turbos spinning up too.

I've heard that a 2020 and up stock M550 would beat a F10 in straight line, but how about one with mods ? .....just curious. I know it depends on how many mods etc.

Mark
If we're talking from a dig, the M550i would handily win against an untuned car with the combo of AWD and much better* launch control, although the M5 would start closing the gap as speed builds. It sounds like the M5 is catless and thus a good chance it has a tune. In that case I imagine it would rapidly close the gap and start pulling away sometime after 60 when it gets traction in 3rd.

From a roll the M550i would lose against an untuned M5 by a decent amount and a tuned one would smoke it.

*assuming BMW ever fixed it

Last edited by vafan13; 09-30-2021 at 07:53 AM..
Appreciate 4