View Single Post
      05-30-2017, 08:55 AM   #36
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
Well I am not happy about this. I thought they had this fixed when they gave me back the car on Tuesday. After four or five more roof cycles it failed again. Now this does clear eventually. In fact, the last time I thought I had a hard failure I left it overnight and it showed this message first thing in the morning. I drove it to Ferrari and when the tech got in and tried it, the roof cycled properly. They ran diagnostics and got a code for bad sensor so they replaced one of them instead of the whole harness. Maybe Maranello was trying to save some bucks on the warranty repair. This time I am going to insist on a new harness and maybe a new motor too. For $240,000 they are going to do it right, maybe not the first time but it will be done right.

This isn't nearly so bad as the M5 that left me in the middle of the road twice with failed fuel pumps though. I must have bad luck with cars. Of course this could also be the reason so many Ferraris have so few miles, the owners know that a trip to the shop is in the immediate future after a few rides in the car.
Damn man sorry for your luck, although in the world of Italians if all that goes wrong for you is this roof / harness that's not too bad.

Personally I know a guy on my fb friendslist who bought his 458 new in 2013 and has 70k miles on it and trouble free. My r8 I'm at 4k miles already and it seems so happy being driven.
Appreciate 0