View Single Post
      03-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #81
Bimmercrazy
Private
Rep
Drives: M5 F10, SG/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish_100 View Post
That is absolutely classic!!! He knows I am active on forums so surprised he didn't realise I would post something! I found the aftercare from park lane pretty bad I'm afraid.

How is your beast and what issues did you have with connecteddrive?

Thanks
I may agree with you on aftercare, too early to tell but being BMW UK you would rightly expect the best service. I bought 2 cars at the same time so maybe I'm seeing the better side 'cos of that. I've found a good alternative in West London if all else fails.

The software has a couple of glitches re the ConnectedDrive and the iphone firstly the apps don't work when th iphone is in the snap in cradle,
Secondly and more annoyingly to use the BMW apps including web radio (which is pretty cool) you need the BMW app open on the iphone. If you then want to check emails on the iphone the BMW apps on the monitor disappear and stop working. All apps stay on in the "background" on an iphone so you can quickly switch from one to another without loosing your place when you go back to an app...no so with BMW Connected app. Park Lane have written to UK, who are writing to Munich to ask what can be done as that is a school boy mistake.
thirdly my address book on the iphone is only partially downloaded to the car.

Having said all that the car is stupendous! How the **** did they manage to create such an incredible benchmark. Drove to Silverstone and back on the weekend, still staying within the run in limits but it is crazy what this car can do and feel like at both ends of the spectrum. As Hammond said "the best car in the world"