Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nks_bb
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Ha, that's my dream garage! We had the Macan S and an M225 (still have that one). Unless you need to haul a boat or lots of kids or something I cannot imagine a better combo to have in the garage.
Why did you get rid of the Macan? I have a deposit on a Macan GTS, but would need to get rid of the M3 and I'm starting to have doubts and may be asking for my deposit back.
Got it for dad as his daily. Literally only reason it's gone is that he needed something closer to the ground to get in and out of easily. He has hip and knee problems.

That said it's an amazing car. I drove it from Philly to buffalo and back in under 24 hours and loved every minute of the 11 hours I was driving. Yes, that's very fast for that trip

Regarding S vs Turbo, be realistic about what you're doing with the car. I've driven both and honestly it wasn't worth the price premium to me for the kind of driving we planned for the car. The S is plenty fast for what we were doing.

Is it an M3? No. Is it a lot more versatile and still fun to drive? Absolutely. If you need the AWD and room and still want something fast your options are basically Macan, E63 (which I don't like) Panamera (new one supposed to be nice) and S5 sport back (due in 10-12 months). Those are at least the only things I'd look at.
Appreciate 0