10-04-2017, 09:45 PM   #8
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab_m2 View Post
Anyway, when I got home I looked up the Aus spec sheet and it was in there, wireless charging is standard with the car.
Thanks for the heads up on this kab_m2: I'd planned on getting a new iPhone to use this functionality, but if its not there, I'll save the upgrade for this year

BTW, I notice that the spec sheet has now been modified on the BMW website and it excludes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
I also realised we don't get the in-built programmable remote controls
After reading the online posts here about how this functionality works, and then checking the manual, I asked the dealer about this as I thought that it'd be a seriously useful add-on. He gave me the good news ... so I guess I won't be disappointed when the car gets delivered without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Reading the attachment in kab m2's post above it lists the "folding compartment in instrument panel on driver's side". Did the AU cars pre-LCI have this compartment?
Although the spec sheet has been updated, it still says that this is part of the LCI build. I'm sure its not - it wasn't in the LCI I borrowed last weekend (I took a photo of this part of the dashboard).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_stp View Post
What's this? The garage opener that's supposed be at the bottom of rear view mirror??
If you've got a remote control that opens your garage door or gate (I have both), then this functionality can replace the remote. Its really a very good idea as the remotes are a fiddle to mount and can fall off. A shame that BMW do not make it available in AU.

And I'm guessing that's because it uses a band of the radio frequency spectrum that is reserved for use by other devices in AU, and its not worthwhile for BMW to customise it for AU so it therefore isn't supplied.

If it helps: the best tip I got in relation to mounting remote controls was to use the 3M Adhesive Velcro-like strips. Makes it easy to position them anywhere, but I've found that the adhesive wears out and the need to be refreshed a couple of times a year.
Appreciate 0