nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' M2 LCI, 21' X4 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Its out there somewhere

I've been watching it daily - right now, its out of range of the regular/free service so I can only see its expected location. If you've got access to a more accurate location then I'll go with your story, but according to the free website, its not due into Perth until 2am Saturday (5am AEST) ... so a day behind schedule (it looked like it left Durbin later than planned).

Regardless, its exciting to think that in a week, it'll be docked in Melbourne ... which is my cue to start calling the dealer
I'm following it intensely - minimum 5 checks per day.
Yes it was one day behind schedule, and it started when it was doing circles before docked at Port Elizabeth in South Africa (due to traffic control maybe). But looks like it might arrive in Perth on time (well, maybe was still delayed a bit, but should be earlier than the current est) - it took a shorter route from Durban to Perth from what I could tell.
I'm using the MarineTraffic free version as well, I assume you have an account and added the ship into your fleet? I happen to discovered a trick to access the satellite data - after you turn on the "My Fleets", select the ship (then you can see dotted square around the ship and an pop up info window). Then turn off "My Fleets", two things could happen - 1. where the ship was now only showing the dotted square, the green ship icon is showing the current location based on sat data (this doesn't work every time); 2. while you still get what's in situation 1, all the others ships are showing on the map (ie. just like before you turn on "My Fleets" in the very beginning"). However, based on the course of the ship, there seems to be only one ship that's likely to be Carmen, which is very close to Perth now
*Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. But it's kinda difficult for me to explain it I'm not native English speaker, tried my best.

Last edited by nick_stp; 10-05-2017 at 05:37 AM..
Appreciate 0