View Single Post
      07-30-2019, 12:56 PM   #29
nothingbutspeed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 Stage 3 E85 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiza3k View Post
What kind of plugs did you put in and where did you get them? I'm having issues with the tune as well where if I'm more than 50% to WOT I'll just go straight to Drivetrain malfunction. It feels like the car is sucking in a lot of air and getting ready to dump and just take off but then limp mode kicks in.
Have to turn car off and back on but engine light stays on but no code shows up when I try to pull it.
Just recently flashed to OpenFlash myself, great experience so far. As soon as I flashed it and got the car to operating temp first pull 3rd gear only from 4k was fine. Second time it started to break up, and only tried one more time after that and it was breaking up. No codes or errors pulled. Next day got new Bosch coils and NGK 97506 gapped to .020 plugs put in and better than ever. Honestly surprised at the power difference. Couldn't be happier. FYI car had 21,000 miles on it at time of changing plugs, coils. Now have almost 22,000 after I did a rally recently and normal driving. Car has BMS intakes and turner exhaust on 93 octane.

@naiza3k wonder if your elevation has something to do with the tune. I am not aware on this platform, but other platforms I have been part of I have known that elevation has altered and hindered some tuners tunes to operate properly at elevation? just a thought.

Plan on doing a separate thread soon.

Last edited by nothingbutspeed; 07-30-2019 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: added extra details and response
Appreciate 0