08-09-2019, 03:48 AM   #5
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
You're right when you mention OTS tunes. You never know who makes them but I was lead to believe that the bm3 OTS tunes were half decent.

I'm a big believer of you get what you pay for but $3500 for a tune? Some people just take the piss and think they can charge what they want because it's an M5.

Theres a company in the UK called Evolve. They are charging less than £1000 for their tunes now and they are very very good, I don't have one yet but hopefully soon. They owned an F10 M5 running around 750bhp and did multiple days on the drag strip going against some very exotic cars and beating alot of them. Their car was launched from 0-200mph many times, driven very hard on the track and the engine survived it all.

It goes to show you really can get a tune for less than £1000 and it be reliable. Not saying that bm3 is, but being cheap doesn't mean its necessarily bad, although I must admit I've also started to notice a theme with bm3 and engine failures.
yea ive been paying attn to bm3+blown motor for a while now.
bent rods and piston departures

im not saying u cant get an economical tune.. but $500 and u do it yourself, whatever u feel like depending on day .. on this car.. nah

the tune im planning on will cost me $1800 all in with new plugs and im not saying which so i dont seem bias or like this thread is anything more than a warning and i told ya so about bm3

the $3500 tune is a legit flash tune from bmw engineer in germany. id have to get to shop first thing in the am bc of the time difference for it to be done via internet. its very appealing bc i know itll be quality

but im waiting for cooler weather to get tuned bc itll be irresistible to drive once its done and its hot as balls and u lose like ~50 horses in hot weather
and heat is bad

so im being a smart boy and waiting
Appreciate 2