View Single Post
      10-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #63
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerezblackM3 View Post
What is wrong with BMW?!? Claiming they want to go light weight! F10 m5 is close to 2 tons, making it the heaviest m5. That just sucks! I have a feeling they will mess up the new m3 as well. BMW was always about handling before power. Now they have taken mercedes old route. It is like mercedes and BMW switching places. Nothing will ever be better than an e39 m5! Miss it so much
You forget that Alfa Romeo was the BMW of it's day...BMW had to market the "Ultimate Driving Machine" (I know this has nothing to do with Alfa Romeo, but i'm stating that BMW wasn't always known as the best in class).

Also, I suspect that Mercedes experience in force induction is aiding it, and will further make it better car in terms of longevity. AMG can make a high revving V12 engine for the Pagani Zonda and a TT V12 monster for the Huayra. Or they can make a torque monster for the SL65 AMG Black Series. They've always had the engine thing covered, and now they are finally getting the handling/suspension thing going...the game is starting to get real good...add in the CTS-V and the upcoming Lexus GS-F, M Division might need rethink how they gonna keep the fatboy M5 in shape before it's arteries clog (I suspect the hi-po upgrade is coming)...or is the 6 Series Gran Coupe the one we need to look out for?
Appreciate 0