View Single Post
      02-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #14
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Thanks to all for the compliments and comments... I'm happy with my acquisition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Now Vic can give us how does the acceleration feel compare to the M5 (though the C63S already tuned). Based on C&D, this car trapped 123 for quarter mile.
I dont have any personal tuned numbers but others are hitting the 126 to 127mph range in the quarter or a little more. It feels every bit that fast. My M5 is tuned and will pull on the C63S from a roll if, and I say if, the tires are warmed up and the elements are favorable because a tuned M5 is a wheel traction nightmare at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Nice car. And your favorite color too.

How does the AMG HUD compare with BMWs?

How is the traction and driveability?
So the HUD is good but not as bright or clear as the M's especially at night. Im glad I got it though (only comes in the P3 package). The rpm range is not so definitive (for a lack of a better word) than the M's bright multi color display. The M is better.

Driveability is great, tons of torque but a reasonable diff to keep it in line too with not too much loss of traction like my M5. Dig runs are relatively easy even with the tune and the car just always feels in the right gear when I need it to be especially in the 60 to 70 mph range with open road ahead = 130 mph comes fast. Benz has the electronics dialed pretty good here and the tune really wakes the car up to make it a beast. The exhaust is just awesome and even in S+ Drive mode it down shifts and barks like a mad ass dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
that does look pretty sweet Vic. and of course in your customary white paint, it looks truly menacing. good job

are those wheels stock and available from merc direct or did you special order? is it standard these days to have 20 inch on the rear and 19's on the front? better handling perhaps like on most supercars...?
Thanks Mate, indeed they are stock (but an upgrade/forged) with 19x9 up front and 20x10.5 in the rear. OEM rubber is 265x35 and 285x30 but they could and should have used 295 out back. I really dont know why many brands are doing that now but its the same on my GTS too.

Some minor adjustments:

plasti dipped the badges and wrapped that small rear roof panel in black:

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 02-13-2017 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 1
Ickdeep5706.00