View Single Post
      02-14-2017, 12:27 PM   #18
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
I remember we discussed M6 Coupe vs C63S Coupe recently, ignoring the resale aspect, now that you've spent more time in the C63S any more thoughts comparing the two?
I think I gave my insights from the test drive (albeit a long one) and Im still very happy with the AMG.

My M6 experience ended back in Jan of 2014 (after 1 year) so its been a while. I do think both cars are very attractive and eye catching. In stock set up the M6 is faster up top and the AMG launches easier and more confidently. The interior is very nice in the M6 but the price point also dictates as such. But, the C63S does have a nice set up inside too. I really like the auto mode in the AMG because this is more or less my daily use car along with the M5. The mode is very intuitive and also shifts down as my speeds reduce, at the right times. The M has the better tranny but like I said on my first post; the AMG has done some marked improvements to make the driveability even better. I really love the sound of the Hot V setup engine in the 4.0 AMG and it feels so strong down low with the tq coupled with no lag. The AMG is the easier car to drive IMHO and feels much smaller than its weight.

The M is long in the tooth though and the next one will be awesome like the past 2 gens which I owned. Part of why I love the AMG is the amazing sounds it exudes as well and I have to say that in today's market I'm glad we have the opportunity to get such amazing performers like the M4 and the C63S coupe at the price points that they have. I also have been eyeing that new Alfa and the reviews early on are quite favorable.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0