Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyinp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
We're adding it to the website today
Order placed... there goes my savings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
I did place an order and currently waiting for them to be manufactured. No eta on when it will be released but I have been keep an eye on it as I am very anxious to get this installed.
Lets see when we get those. Waiting begins. Would be interesting if Mishimoto actually do the charge coolers too.
Lol, Yeah this was an unplanned purchase for me too but so was the engine rebuild and I'd be willing to bet that the extra cool and oil capacity might have sparred me the expense at a minimum deferred it a while longer. Sorry for putting this unplanned purchase on ya but glad to see you are tackling a very omnipresent problem with this platform.

I do mod my cars but if I am screwing with power and heat; I always start with the things that fail first such as cooling, braces/structural parts for increased torque or for electronics/electricity alternators and batteries.

There are always 2nd and 3rd order effects to be considered when modify anything. All too often companies that make and/or sell power adding performance parts never talk about this. They'll talk about plug gaps, plugs, coils, timing, piggyback and backend flash tunes. I am not a racer and do not watch a lot of motor sports but if adding power I know it has consequences and I definitely have a plan for mitigating/overcoming those effects.

Maybe the power brokers worry about losing the sale but if approached properly it could open additional opportunity for revenue. I didn't mod my car before the engine failure but I also didn't know about the benefits of running my car in sport+ and suspect that idling the car along with stop and go traffic with the Florida heat didn't help matters esp when you toss in some occasional spirited driving.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0