05-13-2020, 10:16 AM   #3
HeyKC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
*If it was running fine before then unlikely to be injectors. A problem a few have had is that when changing out the plugs the locking clips onto the coils can be a hit or miss affair and if not clipped on right can cause the bad running you describe. You sure you got the correct plugs,(note you have ngk? and not bosch) and right gaps on them.
Car had stock plugs then I put the tune on. Car would go into DTM at WOT. But this would clear out and the car would act and drive normal unless it was WOT. I ordered the NGK based on what people recommend for tuned cars and gaped them at 020. The car was running well and strong with then new plugs and the tune. I agree it was not perfect. At the top of the rev range there was a noticeable power drop but nothing that seemed way out of the way. Although that is another reason I started this thread thinking that power drop was lack of fuel up top...?
I have flashed the car back to the stock tune and have considered ordering a set of Bosch to put in the car to see how it reacts. Just a little frustrated with the in and out of the plugs and coils at the moment. If that is the recommendation that will be the route I take.
Appreciate 0