04-28-2021, 04:11 AM   #4
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosub View Post
Thanks for the reply.
It does look a nice car, but too old and too high milea for me.
I have another 10k in my budget, and my 335d has only 35k miles on it. That M5 would be over 100k by time Im ready to sell it
Hi mate thats my car by the way...I can completely understand your line of thinking but what I would say is that there are plenty of abused M5s out there on the second hand market....Dont be put off by high mileage as these cars are bullet proof if maintained appropriately

My car has always had warranty so whenever something has gone wrong its always been fixed appropriately ie not a bodged repair to save on cost and the only reason why i didn't extend my extended warranty this year is because im selling it

If it were me I would always buy a car like this from a main dealer so that I can get the warranty but you obviously have to pay a premium for this...If the budget does not stretch (which in your case it seems like it will) my second point of call would be to try and by from a member of a club/forum like this as a natural petrol head is more likely to look after their car (in my opinion anyway)
Appreciate 0