View Single Post
      04-30-2021, 01:43 AM   #16
ianm5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosub View Post
No, I havent driven one yet. I hope I wont be disappointed.

Im not after 0-60 timea. More into 40-130 these days and of course, its an M5
I think the M5 is one of the kings of that acceleration bracket.

I did a dry road 30+ pull to enter a motorway with a Golf R trying to mate with my rear bumper. In that 30 to 70 (ahem) I was really suprised the extent to which the M5 left the golf standing. The R is a really quick car but inbetween RWD traction issues and speed limits the m5 is what you would hope.

Not that it matters but I don’t know how it would fare against very fast electric cars. My understanding is that most of them need special modes to be selected to do their full party trick, they are quick under ‘kickdown’ but you don’t get 100%. I’m sure there’s someone out there who knows. I give big Tesla’s and Taycans a wide berth.

My only criticism is that I spend most of my time with everything dialled down, where the car behaves like a subdued limo and it’s all pretty dull and economical. I can hardly blame the car for that.......

I always wanted one too. My only concern was that the car was a fragile liability, which I have found to be BS albeit with the caveat of not buying the thrashed lemon. At the minute it’s one of the cheapest cars I’ve ever run and I shouldn’t need to touch wood because I have the 80 quid pm warranty (that I often whinge about because I don’t get to use it).
Appreciate 0