04-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #123
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767IJP View Post
Wake up. It's not against the law sure. As educated as German drivers are would you blindly trust someone you've never met to drive perfectly at all times? Really?

300km/h is hauling the mail dude. If anyone, ANYONE fucks up you're dead. This guy is lucky he isn't.

Also from what I hear any speed above 130 exposes driver to possible fines if it is found he is negligent.

Sure the idiot that cut him off is wrong. But why would you ever put yourself in a spot where said idiot could ever do anything that COULD kill you?!

This guy doing that speed leaves himself ZERO outs if someone else makes even the slightest error. This drivers judgement shows serious flaws IMO.
Accidents occur...people die or are injured...people get cut off...every day...at 55mph...65mph...

Having lived and driven in Germany, I very rarely ever saw an accident. Can't recall any on the autobahn. It's an entirely different driving mentality and etiquette. Besides beer delivery to my doorstep...it's one of the things I miss the most. Loved driving over there.

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Appreciate 0