08-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #6
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Yeah you and I were discussing this a few weeks ago. I met with OP last night to take a look at his CAFD files. Last time, I made no changes to his LHM files except to have them VO coded with 8SP and 5AP removed. I checked his VO coded CAFD for LHM and those parameters were US spec (similar to the M4 I did before). When I changed these LHM parameters to EU spec, the car gives adaptive + high beam malfunctions when the high beams are triggered.

What are your thoughts here?
I actually had not realized you were the same person, since you use a different moniker on the other forum.

In any case, I am getting confused here.

The CAFDs you shared with me (which I thought reflected the coding values before you did any coding, since adaptive light distribution and no-glare HBA were not enabled) already had the LHM parameters set to the correct values for no-glare HBA (those valued are detailed in my "How To" for the F3x/F8x and repeated in your post #3 above). So no change should have been needed there (unlike what happens for the F3x/F8x). Yet you say above that you "changed these LHM parameters to EU spec". :

You then told me that after you removed 5AP/8S4 and VO coded you were getting fault messages when the high beams were active, so I showed you a comparison between the LHM modules on the M5 and those on my M4 (which has no-glare HBA working fine) and pointed to additional parameters that might have been causing the issue (but of course, the only way to make sure is to try). But then you told me yesterday that the fault messages actually related to the cornering lights and that for some reason you had not tried those additional parameters. : :

I know that the full anti-glare HBA is now working fine on F3x/F8x with the proper coding, so I believe it should be possible to get this working on the F10 too, but it is difficult for me to suggest anything unless I understand exactly what you have tried so far.