View Single Post
      08-20-2016, 05:05 PM   #14
spenny_b
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp, HS

Garage List
Just installed a Thinkware F770 F&R camera...really nice bit of kit. Was deliberating for a while on the F750; when I went to buy one after a month of doing nothing, I noticed that the 770 had just been released, which looks far nicer and more "factory". Quite a lot slimmer than the 750 and doesn't have the awkward looking aluminium camera housing on the side. Cable management onto the body of the camera is neat as well.

I have mine tucked up almost to the top of the windscreen, on the LH side of the rear view mirror (I'm in the uk, so in a rhd car), so my camera is slightly offset to the left from centre, but makes very little difference with the wide camera angle

The 770 has enhanced exposure control over the 750, almost a bit HDR like from what I can gather. Not tried viewing any night footage yet but after a week of hooning around the UK Peak District this week, it's done very well, albeit I had to crank the parking and collision sensitivity right down to try and prevent false positives.

Hard wired mine into the glovebox fuse box to ensure parking mode activates. £249 for the front and rear camera, plus £18 for the hardwiring power lead (on Amazon its quoted as 4m long, it wasn't, it was 3m...fine for glovebox, way too short for trunk routing)

HTH
S
Appreciate 0