View Single Post
      03-20-2018, 12:26 PM   #8
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

If its like my 335i I got hit in at 60mph by a chick in a PT cruiser who ran a stop light... It moved / shifted the transmission. I was sore the next morning had a rash on my stomach / neck but within 5 days was 100% perfect. They really are great cars to be hit in (bmws)... I'm sure you'll be good soon enough soooma

Looks like about 20k+ of damage right there than if any trans damage instantly 20k+, add in your wheels and tires another 3-4k... I'm sure the car retails for 65k-80k he'd be right at or near totaled out.

They had my 335i at 25k of damage then they saw the trans issues and were like totaled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
I got T-boned in my 535i back in 2011. I thought it was totaled but they just cut out the B pillar, welded in a new one and replaced the doors and right front panel. The lady that ran the stop sign was only going about 15mph when she hit us. The cost of the repair was $14k and cost me $10k in diminished value on trade for my M5.
Did you file a diminished value claim with the other parties insurance to get some of that back. I got a fat check ontop of all the repairs at an Audi approved/ certified aluminum / r8 facility. Couldn't have worked out better in my case.

Especially in the case of an M I'd make sure you contact his insurance company and say you're filing a diminished value claim if the total payout / repair fix + dinged carfax isn't sweet enough. Best 400 bucks I ever spent hiring a competent known in the industry here locally appraiser
Appreciate 0