09-12-2020, 04:39 PM   #3
BaseBob05
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtune View Post
Hey,

I have the same exhaust and if you look closely the valves are marked as QTP. They are known to seize. All brands are. They need constant service which is a pia.

I suggest you manually open the valves and see how you like it. You get used to it quickly and it sounds awesome. I neber want my valves closed. However, if you have catless downpipes than it's another story.

Install is a headache. 5 hours /$500 total sounds fair. $1000 is not.

Best of luck and please post your results for others.
Wow thanks for the info. Yes the shop pulled the part number off of the existing cutouts and confirmed they are actually Summit Racing cutouts, but I found the QTP model that would go with this system. I was hoping the install wouldn't be too bad since all of the wiring is already in place, and the shop did confirm power and signal were not a problem. When I asked if I supplied the cutout parts how much they would charge, they said probably $300-400 as they estimated it based on a 3-4 hour job. That doesn't seem too bad.

When you say they need regular service, what would that entail? Is that something I'd need a shop to do or that I can do myself?
Appreciate 0