View Single Post
      01-29-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
SalM
S1N1ST3R
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Car Wont Stay Running Once Warm Runs Great

Hey guys so I decided to keep my M5 but since i put back the stock downpipes I ran into some issues unsure why. Car is COMPLETELY Stock. No tune nothing.

So on cold start I start the car, and after a bit of idling (Minute or 2) The car will just shut off. Fires right back up no issues, then engine will die again, this does this a handful of times, and will throw multiple malfunctions. If you drive the car while colder it has happened to car will shut off while driving but will fire back up with no hesitation.

Drivetrain Malfunction
Rear Differential Axle Lock
Engine Temperature High
Brake System
Chassis Stabilization

On my hand held Schwaben Scanner I purchased from ECS I get the following codes:

U013C/$07E9 : Please refer to vehicle service manual

U0100/$07E9: Lost Communication With ECM/PCM A

And when I scan the modules it shows a bunch of faults as well.

So I used my laptop and scanned the car with the Flashing Software from the tune and got the following codes:

CDA463
CDA483
CDA497

No fault code description found.

Once the car is warmed up after a hand full of times of shutting off and being turned back on the malfunctions stop the CEL is on, but the car drives absolutely flawless. Goes through gears no problem drives so smooth everything is great.

So I clear the codes and continue to drive everything is great. This part I just assume I need new plugs or to be regapped, cause when I Do a pull in the upper RPM Band of 2nd gear the car will literally feel like it hit a wall a split second power cut, the CEL will flash and instantly disappear and continue to be able to pull (Misfire Assuming not really my big concern)

I just want to know if anyone has seen these codes and what they mean. I cant seem to find an answer to this and this has only happened when stock downpipes went back on recently. Makes me iffy to take the car on longer drives such as work etc where the car will sit for a bit, I dont want to have that issue and potentially get stuck with the car or continuously shutting off.

I will be replacing the battery, New Spark Plugs and 02 sensors hopefully in a week or two ! Mind you my car still only has 39k miles so its very strange for something like this to be occurring.

Thank you everyone in advanced for any possible help !!!!
10.38 @ 136.04
Appreciate 0