Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Budget will be under $40k and I'd like to find something below 70k miles. I'm super OCD though so the condition will have to be near-showroom. I'd like to leave *some* room in the budget for an aftermarket warranty as well, so we shall see. Does it seem like prices for well-kept used examples will be a bit lower in the spring of 2019? Or does the nicer weather bring a price spike with it?

2014 was the LCI year for the F10 M5, correct? Everything I've read seems to indicate that's the case but I've seen several 2014's that don't look like LCI cars (no dbl slats, etc.) Early builds maybe? Incorrectly advertised, maybe?

Next question - for the comp pkg; how can you tell (w/o the vin) that it's a comp pkg? I've seen cars not listed as CP, vin indicates CP, but the car has chrome exhaust tips, 343 wheels (I know that was an option), and chrome M5 emblem.

Lastly, Besides comp pack, what other options are must haves? Alcantara headliner of course, is B&O that good? Exec Package as well, I assume?
What about seating? Are the m-function seats the "sport seats"?

Appreciate the help; been reading, searching and learning for a while now...if/when my car sell, I'll be looking for the perfect M5.
Hey!

I just bought my car after looking for like months. I first also wanted a 14+ with CP but here is the reason why I didn't end up getting it;
- Budget was also 40k
- There is a big price gab between 13 and 14 (average 5-7k)
- I passed on the CP package because replacing the carbon ceramic brakes is really expensive and I'm never going to use them to their full extent; regular brakes are good on the car. Also its really easy to tune these cars to get 650whp+ HP so the 15whp+ isn't worth it.
- I really liked the LCI steering wheel and headlights on the 14+ but I just ended up buying a steering wheel (just need an airbag) and I can do the lights whenever.

I would recommend the Executive package and the Driver Assistance package as these two were a base requirement for me. As for the B/O, you don't really need it because the standard speakers are pretty good (plus its off most of the time because I wanna hear the turbo spool)

Best of luck!
Appreciate 1
94jedi829.00