View Single Post
      12-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #17
pcohen15
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5, Singapore Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
Hey all - longtime member over on M3post, looking to sell me garage queen e90M3 (assuming I have the guts to sell such a magnificent vehicle) and replace it, and my DD 2014 Prius (yes, go ahead and lol but the thing is invincible AND invisible) w/ a 2014/15 F10 M5 CP. Couple of questions and I'd like to get everyone's thoughts.

Budget will be under $40k and I'd like to find something below 70k miles. I'm super OCD though so the condition will have to be near-showroom. I'd like to leave *some* room in the budget for an aftermarket warranty as well, so we shall see. Does it seem like prices for well-kept used examples will be a bit lower in the spring of 2019? Or does the nicer weather bring a price spike with it?

2014 was the LCI year for the F10 M5, correct? Everything I've read seems to indicate that's the case but I've seen several 2014's that don't look like LCI cars (no dbl slats, etc.) Early builds maybe? Incorrectly advertised, maybe?

Next question - for the comp pkg; how can you tell (w/o the vin) that it's a comp pkg? I've seen cars not listed as CP, vin indicates CP, but the car has chrome exhaust tips, 343 wheels (I know that was an option), and chrome M5 emblem.

Lastly, Besides comp pack, what other options are must haves? Alcantara headliner of course, is B&O that good? Exec Package as well, I assume?
What about seating? Are the m-function seats the "sport seats"?

Appreciate the help; been reading, searching and learning for a while now...if/when my car sell, I'll be looking for the perfect M5.
I recently bought a '13 with 68k miles. Bought an aftermarket warranty (EFG) through my dealership, 4/50 for $6k.

I think the VIN is the only way to determine the presence of the CP. Most non-BMW dealers have no idea about these cars. There's a production guide on this forum that will detail all the differences throughout the F chassis run.

Executive Package is worth it, Drivers Assist not so much for me. I don't drive with most of the DA features on, but probably would if I drove on the highway more. The good seats (heated, cooled, semi-massaging) come with Exec Package.

B&O is worth it, if only for resale value down the line. It seems to be one of the extras that adds value, at least to KBB.com. If you like to listen to music, look for the B&O.

You'll save money buying a 13 vs. 14, and since I don't care for the LCI steering wheel, the extra money wasn't worth it to me. I bought a set of LCI grilles on eBay and don't care about differences in the lights.

Also bought mine sight-unseen on the other side of the country. PM me if you'd like my perspective and some tips on that process.

Be patient and hold out for what you really want re: colors. There are a bunch of M5s out there with 50-80k miles that have been (seemingly) well cared for and are going in the very low $30ks. Mine had a new set of PSSs on it, and good pad thickness on the brakes, so it was all the more appealing in addition to the exact color combo I wanted.

Good luck!