12-28-2018, 12:04 PM   #18
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcohen15 View Post
I recently bought a '13 with 68k miles. Bought an aftermarket warranty (EFG) through my dealership, 4/50 for $6k.

I think the VIN is the only way to determine the presence of the CP. Most non-BMW dealers have no idea about these cars. There's a production guide on this forum that will detail all the differences throughout the F chassis run.

Executive Package is worth it, Drivers Assist not so much for me. I don't drive with most of the DA features on, but probably would if I drove on the highway more. The good seats (heated, cooled, semi-massaging) come with Exec Package.

B&O is worth it, if only for resale value down the line. It seems to be one of the extras that adds value, at least to KBB.com. If you like to listen to music, look for the B&O.

You'll save money buying a 13 vs. 14, and since I don't care for the LCI steering wheel, the extra money wasn't worth it to me. I bought a set of LCI grilles on eBay and don't care about differences in the lights.

Also bought mine sight-unseen on the other side of the country. PM me if you'd like my perspective and some tips on that process.

Be patient and hold out for what you really want re: colors. There are a bunch of M5s out there with 50-80k miles that have been (seemingly) well cared for and are going in the very low $30ks. Mine had a new set of PSSs on it, and good pad thickness on the brakes, so it was all the more appealing in addition to the exact color combo I wanted.

Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback pcohen15. I've come to the same conclusion as you about the Exec Pkg, I think it's a must have w/ those seats. I'm not hung up on a 14 over a 13, especially since there's such a price gap, however I would like a competition package car, which first showed up in the 2014's. The thing is, I hate the CP wheels and prefer the 343's. Definitely will hold out for the right one. My M3 sold yesterday so I'll be looking for the right car a bit more seriously now. I'll definitely PM you about your perspective on flying and buying sight-unseen. Thanks!