09-12-2021, 10:43 AM   #143
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Nate View Post
I agree but overall the team didn't play well. I'm glad Lukaku finished his chances and if it weren't for Mendy who knows what could have happened! Kovacic was a star though!
But the biggest thing is we can see what a true number 9 does for us. We still won 3-0 even though it wasn't our best showing, Lukaku was involved in kovas goal too. Plus he made 2 goals out of essentially nothing plays. That's what we missed last year
As I said before, Lukaku will be the difference maker for Chelsea this season and give them a legitimate shot at the EPL title. Keep in mind the night and day difference between the first and second half of yesterday's match. As soon as Tuchel pulled Saul and put in Jorginho they played much more like they have been lately. Tuchel even admitted it was his fault to have started Saul without sufficient training because La Liga is much different than the EPL. Kovacic has been a stud in that midfield and they have no better consistent passer on the field IMO.

Ironically I have finally come to realize how important Jorginho is to this team. Shocked he had won the UEFA player of the year but just think, he won the Champions League with Chelsea as well as Euro 2020 with Italy.

In any case, I'm really excited about Chelsea's potential this season regardless of Ronaldo being at Man U.
Appreciate 0