Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Have we?
There is no disputing that Hamiltons rookie year in F1 was by far the most impressive in the modern history of F1.
Alonso, having just taken 2 DWCs against the dominant Ferrari of Michael Schumacher, was the hot ticket for 2007 at McLaren. Yet it was Hamilton, in a car he had completed few laps, at tracks he hadn't driven at, who went on to be on the podium for the first nine races...leading the championship until the last race where a gearbox fault cost him the race and the championship.

Does that count as demolish? of course not...yet it was a display of ability unseen since the days of Senna.
And Alonso's reputation was certainly never the same after that season.

If Hamilton and Verstappen competed in the same car/team...few unbiased informed observers would put their money on Verstappen....Toto certainly wouldn't.
I did not say nor meant to say the term demolished was used here, some fanbois elsewhere used them. Just to be clear, I consider Hamilton an elite driver as well. What I will disagree and am willing to bet on is he will not demolish Verstappen, term used by rcracin, the same he way he will not demolish Alonso, if they are on the same team.

Last edited by Autobacs; 03-18-2021 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 1