Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-22-2019, 12:07 PM   #111
Chaman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser135msport View Post
I find it very interesting in the captured promotional/selling image that it’s all about S85 V10 rebuilds ; and they are a very different beast .

N/a versus Turbo Charged

High Reving versus Lower Reving ( Max torque in the S63tu is from about 1850 rpm)

Different Tolerances internally for both engines (internal oil channels designed to much finer/smaller tolerances in the S63tu).

Different oil specs re s85 V10 versus S63tu

What’s with improved thermal efficiency gains ?

This is only available by a larger more efficient intercooler and/or bigger better turbocharger’s and/or a bigger/better cooling system as well as Thermal Coated downpipes.

So I’d love to see exactly what this rebuilder actually does with the S63tu engine !

Cheers
Bruce
I’m wondering the same thing - the few s63 cars I’ve seen on his ig don’t have the larger CSF coolers or mentions of upgraded turbos?

Lots of power to be gained just by installing the larger intercoolers and heat wrapping the turbo oil lines and freeing up the carbon filter from the intake.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 09:35 PM   #112
E93M3ofSFL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 F10 , 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinylFrontier View Post
Any updates on the rebuild? Or has it not been enough time?
He is working on it ...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 09:02 PM   #113
MIM5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Honestly don’t think I would put trust in a guy that happens to have pulled the engines apart and looked at intervals for a rebuild to just say that a certain oil weight is best for the engine. Based on his Instagram he focuses mainly on v10 m5 motors which use thicker oil due to them being high revving N/A motors. Like it was said in previous post, that these cars are 6-7 years old and started to show signs of wear of bearing/failure. That’s facts because time and miles on the motor. If he were to run 5w50 and had someone put tons of miles on that motor, and then pulled the bearings and showed no wear then I would believe it. For now that 5w50 oil is just a guess. I’m wondering if the guys on here with built motors with upgraded bearings and ran the suggested bmw weight oil (ow30, ow40, 5w30, or 5w40) have had any problems?
Appreciate 1
BMWM5NYC496.00
      06-11-2019, 11:41 PM   #114
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Been down here in Michigan going on 4 days. I have a 10,000 check and was prepared to pick my finished car up. Per Troy Jeup’s Lies. My car was not even ready. I will being going to the district court here in Michigan tomorrow morning at 8am to file my claim. This guy is a liar. I have every bit of proof for you Troy supporters that swear by him. I will be posting screens shots. Voice recordings and I will posting the claim from the district court tomorrow. Enoughs enough. I’ve waited tons of money from rentals etc, Since February.

This is from a M5 board on Facebook. Another complaint about Troy....
      06-12-2019, 07:37 AM   #115
AirBull
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M5

Garage List
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM5NYC View Post
Been down here in Michigan going on 4 days. I have a 10,000 check and was prepared to pick my finished car up. Per Troy Jeup’s Lies. My car was not even ready. I will being going to the district court here in Michigan tomorrow morning at 8am to file my claim. This guy is a liar. I have every bit of proof for you Troy supporters that swear by him. I will be posting screens shots. Voice recordings and I will posting the claim from the district court tomorrow. Enoughs enough. I’ve waited tons of money from rentals etc, Since February.

This is from a M5 board on Facebook. Another complaint about Troy....
Lots of variables at play when doing this kind of work aftermarket, in a small shop, don't be in a hurry to burn bridges. My only ask would be that I wouldn't give him my car until he was ready to work on it; I'd rather it sit in my garage than outside his until he's ready to work on it.

Born 02.27.2015 in Dingolfing
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 03:29 AM   #116
Craze
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, M5 F10, X5 50i

If troy is so busy and successful why doesnt he have staff?
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2019, 07:08 AM   #117
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

What's Troy's Bimmerpost profile? Why isn't he on the Forum? Would be great to have a garage to post, advertise and display engine work for all to see.

He certainly can't be so busy that he can't post a few times a day on the forum. Plus to the previous poster, hire some help. Turn your business into a mega business especially with so food out here in the industry.

Someone get a hold of Troy and get him on the Forum.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 08:02 AM   #118
Nikolov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F90 M5C, '17 911 TTS

I can recall at least a couple identical stories from the E60 M5 forum, where Troy was a member and was working on people's cars. I don't remember if and how those stories turned out, but the guy definitely has issues communicating with his customers.
      06-13-2019, 09:03 AM   #119
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

People are screaming for their cars back so he may simply not have the time to answer phones and deal with e mails promptly if he has a full complement of jobs to get on with and like all non franchised units he's probably cut his outgoings to make decent profit. I haven't yet heard of one of his rebuilt s63's failing prematurely.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 09:24 AM   #120
Nikolov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F90 M5C, '17 911 TTS

It doesn't matter how good your product is if you don't treat your customers accordingly. You can't blatantly lie to your customers or ignore their calls and expect your customers to just sit there and wait for you to grace them with your attention. If he doesn't have time to answer calls, he should hire someone to do it for him, before he runs out of business.
      06-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #121
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolov View Post
It doesn't matter how good your product is if you don't treat your customers accordingly. You can't blatantly lie to your customers or ignore their calls and expect your customers to just sit there and wait for you to grace them with your attention. If he doesn't have time to answer calls, he should hire someone to do it for him, before he runs out of business.
In a perfect world.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 04:18 PM   #122
AWF10M5
Banned
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

These guys like Troy are just backyard mechanics that got some fame and gathered a following, set up half ass shops, and the ending is always the same.

Doesn't matter what model/make. I've had all types of cars and been on all types of forums and it's all the same.

Basic common sense. If this guy is such a great mechanic engine builder why wouldn't he have more staff, tools, a better business strategy? Personally I think these guys are all running ponzi schemes.

I feel for all you guys involved and hope you get the justice y'all deserve. IMO for me when the engine goes that's it. Time to move onto another car.
Appreciate 2
      06-17-2019, 05:10 PM   #123
E93M3ofSFL
Private First Class
Rep

Update

Troy is getting back to me on a constant basis ,he did tell me he was finishing up other cars before mine , but now he is on it and he expects car to be ready in the next 7 to 10 days which is acceptable to me ... he is also doing new brake rotors for me and down pipes ...

I can understand the frustration of some people when things don't go as planned but sometimes it happens like in any other business ...

Hopefully I will be one of his many happy clients,

Keep you posted
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:46 AM   #124
technician117
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 M5, 2001 M5, 2013 M5 6MT

Garage List
1990 BMW M5  [0.00]
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E93M3ofSFL View Post
Troy is getting back to me on a constant basis ,he did tell me he was finishing up other cars before mine , but now he is on it and he expects car to be ready in the next 7 to 10 days which is acceptable to me ... he is also doing new brake rotors for me and down pipes ...

I can understand the frustration of some people when things don't go as planned but sometimes it happens like in any other business ...

Keep you posted
Thanks for the update. Let us know if he's able to confirm what the failure was on your engine. (broken rod, spun bearing, etc.)
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 10:25 PM   #125
E93M3ofSFL
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by technician117 View Post
Quote:

Keep you posted
Thanks for the update. Let us know if he's able to confirm what the failure was on your engine. (broken rod, spun bearing, etc.)
Indeed it was a spun rod bearing confirmed by Troy ... car should be ready soon ... he has many M5's and m6's waiting to be repaired , guy is busy but I gotta say he is keeping me informed with pics and everything... which I appreciate...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24976.00
      06-28-2019, 06:22 AM   #126
Craze
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, M5 F10, X5 50i

Isnt it ready yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 05:27 AM   #127
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Keep you posted
Indeed it was a spun rod bearing confirmed by Troy ... car should be ready soon ... he has many M5's and m6's waiting to be repaired , guy is busy but I gotta say he is keeping me informed with pics and everything... which I appreciate...
Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 01:37 AM   #128
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBull View Post
Lots of variables at play when doing this kind of work aftermarket, in a small shop, don't be in a hurry to burn bridges. My only ask would be that I wouldn't give him my car until he was ready to work on it; I'd rather it sit in my garage than outside his until he's ready to work on it.
amen to the leaving it in your garage. you have to set and agree upon strict time constraints
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 01:58 AM   #129
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

theres always 3 sides to every story. busy ppl get a lot of flak bc they are busy and not always available and someone that will go to the courts over waiting on a mechanic with a blown motor doesnt sound very reasonable or pleasant.

even if he said on monday itll be ready, and you get there mon and wait until friday and its still not ready, shit happens. its a tall order. i dont think he said travel from another state to get it and it not be ready unless something bad happened in a final stage.
but i wouldnt travel to pick up until i saw video of it running and all ready.

Also, i have to laugh at the court claim. The court is gonna laugh. The mechanic is doing you a service. Waiting is on the client, and the client voluntarily gave it for service. if u dropped a deposit and ended up picking up car b4 any work was done due to no work done in a timely manner and deposit wasnt returned, thered be a case.
but waiting and renting cars is on the client and not the mechanic in this case.

no i dont know all the details, but courts wont do anything ... well except piss the mechanic off to where he will give you your disassembled m5 and tell u to take it and your money elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 02:06 AM   #130
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep

but on the bright side, getting into the bmw motor rebuilding business sounds like a sure fire way to get into physical altercations with a bunch of sperry wearers. sign me up! haha jk jk
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2019, 11:07 PM   #131
E93M3ofSFL
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Keep you posted
Keep us posted.
Car not ready yet ... waiting to hear from Troy , he has sent me several pics last week pretty much going thru everything in the car , not just engine ... keep you posted ...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 11:36 PM   #132
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Keep you posted
Keep us posted.
Car not ready yet ... waiting to hear from Troy , he has sent me several pics last week pretty much going thru everything in the car , not just engine ... keep you posted ...
Thanks for the follow up. Good luck bro!
Appreciate 0