Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > BMW Dealer will repair runflats, Confirmed!!

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-18-2005, 11:48 PM   #1
Socialworker
New York City Social worker
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I

BMW Dealer will repair runflats, Confirmed!!

Saturday i was driving around when i heard this click, click, click noise coming from outside. After careful inspection i noticed there was a 3 inch screw stuck in the middle of the run flat. I called costco, sear, Pep boys.... No one had the tire or wanted to touch it. I drove the tire home and didn't touch it until monday. over the weekend i made an appointment with BMW of manhattan for monday to replace the tire. After reading so many post here, i had convinced myself that the tire could not be replace and it would cost me 400.00. while driving to the dealer monday morning i noticed i no longer heard the screw noise, I told my wife the screw must have came out during the drive to the dealer. She agreed and then the run flat alarm came on, No problem at this point we was not 10 blocks away from the dealer. once at the repair shop, the service person informed me that run flats cannot be repaired. After reading the board i stated i knew that already. I also agreed to the software update or recall he called it. i got a call stating that the car would be ready the next day as a result of the software update or recall. When i got to the dealer and checked my bill, it stated i owe "51.44" I read the bill and it stated

"A REPLACE RIGHT FROTN TIRE, FLAT
FLATLP DISCOUNT,REPAIR , REMOUNT AND BALANCE 1

2976 ROOFING NAIL IN RIGHT FRONT TIRE, NAIL WAS REMOVED PRIOR TO RECEIVING VEHICLE, FOUND PUNCTURE AND OUTLINE OF ROOFFING NAIL. REPAIRED RUN FLAT TIRE AND CORRECTED AIR PRESSURE. SET TIRE MONITOR FOR INITALIZATION.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2005, 12:36 AM   #2
astral
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

cool!! run flat can be repaired!!
but i heard it the tire is repaired, that tire will no longer be speed insured
      10-19-2005, 09:45 AM   #3
impulsebrklyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Jet Black

my local tire shop did my a few days ago. Had a 3 inch screw in my tire. Next time no bmw it only cost me 21.86 out the door to get it patched. Chris
2006 BMW 330i - Jet Black - Terra - Burl Walnut - Premuim Package - Sports Package - Fold Down Seats - Heated Front Seats - Strut Brace - Sunglass Tray - Carbon Fiber Front Lips - Alarm - Blacklines - ACS Roof Wing - Breyton Trunk Spoiler - 19" Breyton Spirits wrapped in Michelin PS2
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulsebrklyn
my local tire shop did my a few days ago. Had a 3 inch screw in my tire. Next time no bmw it only cost me 21.86 out the door to get it patched. Chris
Nice job, impulse. Glad to hear that your issue was resolved.
My repair cost $29, but I guess that's better than replacing the whole tire...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2005, 01:16 PM   #5
Mauricio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, MT, SP

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I'm glad they were able to repair it at the dealer, but apparently the service guy didn't even know they did. I'm going to try the dealer next time.

The first time I had a flat, it cost me $50 at a specialty Tire Kingdom we have called TK Performance. They claim they're the only ones in the area that are capable of fixing the run-flats. So then I got one in the right front and my alarm went off. I checked the air pressure, and the one that was low was the left (the one that was previously repaired). So now I need to fix the front right and the left needs to be re-patched. I'd rather take it to the dealer and have them do the update at the same time. Let's see if they can fix it.
Appreciate 0