M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-25-2009, 03:33 AM   #23
sokdo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Who cares?

Even if they are a bit protective of themselves, you meet so few that it wouldn't matter. The bad natured and painfully rude attitude toward others just comes from centuries of being suppressed (regardless of whether the same attitudes apply today).
The vast majority of people in the U.S are racists. It's just not so apparant anymore but it's there. It's called color-blind racism. It means you acknowledge that racism is still here but you yourself don't feel like you are part of it but the way you think and act and say mirrors racism in a more silent way. There is a study done where they interviewed white students from colleges and asked them certain questions and then they answered in certain ways where they tried to remove themselves from racism, yet their answers contained racist connotations. It's a very interesting read. If you want, I can get you the book title so you can read up on it, shoot me a pm if anybody is interested
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2009, 06:16 AM   #24
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroush View Post
sounds equal to me.

Blacks like to whine about racism alot when they don't get things their way.
This