M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

12-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #23
Dansc
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 991TT, AMG GTR Pro, M8, X4M, C

Great numbers! Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #24
dmetuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Frozen Grey M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanin
Crazy #'s congrats !

Have you upgraded the transmission in any way ? I've got a 6mt and not looking for 800+ but curious to know what our cars can handle before I need to modify.
No transmission upgrade is needed yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 03:54 PM   #25
DCT OFF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M sports,2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Congrats, crazy numbers moe
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 04:43 PM   #26
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw

6MT. Are much stronger than dct imo. But will see how long. Otherwise we are happy with the results w/o my Boy Kevin from Precision Tuning and Mo at ACM together made this happen. Watch out for another world record coming soon from us. Lol
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 07:11 PM   #27
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
Great - get some times! You have set he dyno target now...
Well all Dynos are different, maybe this one reads high, and also it's cold as F on the east, also I haven't seen your logs, but maybe the tune is hurting you, I would put it to stock tune and work with just JB4
      12-05-2015, 09:14 PM   #28
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777 View Post
Well all Dynos are different, maybe this one reads high, and also it's cold as F on the east, also I haven't seen your logs, but maybe the tune is hurting you, I would put it to stock tune and work with just JB4
thats a negative on when People see high numbers and think "dyno Reads High" actually this dyno reads ALOT lower than other dynojets also. so yes this is a low number dyno.

As per
My
dyno tuner
" he's more than welcome to bring a m5 with just a jb4 when he wants, I'm looking forward to see that car making better numbers than mannys setup, and especially actually see how "really high" our dyno reads, I guess we haven't dyno enough m5s to know how much better this setup was over the stock or jb4 m5"

Last edited by NightM; 12-05-2015 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 10:29 PM   #29
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Btw here is the last log

Icn provide allthe sheet from the day we started with Mannys car also.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 10:41 PM   #30
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Here is dyno sheet
1st pic just tune,
2nd pic full tune, added meth kit
3rd pic hybrid turbo, tune,jb4 + bcm, meth kit
4th -6th pic revised tune, tweaked jb4 +bcm, meth kit. Tweak by Precision Tuning
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 11:30 PM   #31
allmotor_2000
F10 1/4 WR: 9.9s / 142.5mph 1/2 WR: 175.5mph
Rep
Drives: 2018 RS3, 991 Turbo

Dyno's are what they are.... good relative measure for tuning - end of the day best to get some 60-130 or 1/2 mile or 1/4 mile times. Cars with 100hp deltas may run same times!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 06:08 AM   #32
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10M5Manual
Quote:
thats a negative on when People see high numbers and think "dyno Reads High" actually this dyno reads ALOT lower than other dynojets also. so yes this is a low number dyno.

As per
My
dyno tuner
" he's more than welcome to bring a m5 with just a jb4 when he wants, I'm looking forward to see that car making better numbers than mannys setup, and especially actually see how "really high" our dyno reads, I guess we haven't dyno enough m5s to know how much better this setup was over the stock or jb4 m5"
If Dynojets really are that inconsistent and shows such a variation in measured power, Dynojet must either be a crap dyno manufacturer or there must be operator issues...

Any other scale or measuring device with such inconsistencies would not be accepted for comparisons.

IMO the "high reading", "low reading" etc comments that usually follow any Dynojet discussion is laughable! What kind of expensive device is it that apparently is manufactured in such a sloppy fashion???

My guess is that it hopefully is more down to settings and operator issues than a crappy product...

If not I dont understand why tuners invest in a product with so little consistency? When you buy a weight scale you expect it to be fairly correct and that if you bought two of them they will measure consistently and comparably. With Dynojets it seems the customer has no idea what he gets until it has been installed...
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2015, 06:12 AM   #33
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Looking at that Dyno graph their wont be many that can touch it. Has great torque that gets it out hard and as it starts to level out and drop a bit hp climbs hard while not dropping much at the end of the rpm.
If he gets out on you he will put bus lengths, you'll never catch him. That's one beautiful graph I wiuldnt touch a thing on this car. Congrats again Manny and job well done to everyone involved.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 07:45 AM   #34
dmetuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
Great - get some times! You have set he dyno target now...
Oh please stop....don't give your opinion when you don't know shit about tuning or this car. You live in the east coast so let's run them. My money is on the ECU Tune plus JB4/BCM.

Just because you couldn't get your ECU Tune running with JB4 doesn't mean it doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 07:48 AM   #35
dmetuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast
Looking at that Dyno graph their wont be many that can touch it. Has great torque that gets it out hard and as it starts to level out and drop a bit hp climbs hard while not dropping much at the end of the rpm.
If he gets out on you he will put bus lengths, you'll never catch him. That's one beautiful graph I wiuldnt touch a thing on this car. Congrats again Manny and job well done to everyone involved.
100% in agreement.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 10:34 AM   #36
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by middly View Post
Oh please stop....don't give your opinion when you don't know shit about tuning or this car. You live in the east coast so let's run them. My money is on the ECU Tune plus JB4/BCM.

Just because you couldn't get your ECU Tune running with JB4 doesn't mean it doesn't work.
1st of all when I was involved in tuning you still thought it consist of changing oil, and park plugs, 2nd my tune worked very WELL on high octane ONLY which I'm sure all tunes still do to this day unless stage 1 up to 19psi, 3rd when I came out to race last time I had no one to race, you are all slow and I ripped all your assholes, 4th allmotor never posted any datalogs, maybe his tune is hurting him, because some tunes do tend to run low timing and maybe allmotor should compensate that with e85 instead, again IDK I haven't seen his actual logs, and 5th I've never said that dyno reads high I said MAYBE it does, so FU Moe
      12-06-2015, 10:42 AM   #37
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10M5Manual View Post

As per
My
dyno tuner

I just want to see vbox data, 1/4 times that back it up my buddy's cts-v at 730whp on what was likely a "higher reading" dyno ran a 9.9 1/4 on a terribly prepped track. This car of equal weight should be capable of better, both given band, power, and as you stated a low reading dynojet...

Forgive the few of us who are skeptical with just dyno data anymore. We've been seeing recorder breaker dynos left and right each month a new "omg look at power" thread pops up and the posters quickly vanish with no real supporting data data.

This car is 9 second power and should have the m5 1/4 record at that power. Even blowing the tires off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
If he gets out on you he will put bus lengths, you'll never catch him.
I'll see about that
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #38
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I think those shifts are too slow to go bus lengths ahead
      12-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #39
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I think those shifts are too slow to go bus lengths ahead
Fact is when Porsche catches up with the 911TT, C7 A8, etc. where you have top tier shifting DCTs or autos like the A8 in the C7 once they stop blowing up his 6MT will hurt him, unless he's just got a decisive power advantage aka gimmie races.

If he's really making 800 though bravo and he'll definitely hurt a lot of feelings and can hustle with that car .

One thing I hate with the GTR is everyone knows it, everyone knows what it can do built, so people either stay away, or all I get is heavy hitters with like gutted funny/track cars... Everyone LOLs at 335i's, and this would be no different, people would sleep on it and he'd smack around a lot of 9 second cars from a roll and if if this car can get its fat a$$ off the line and rolling should be running 9s with that power.

Can't wait to see verifiable data tho.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 11:25 AM   #40
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
I just want to see vbox data, 1/4 times that back it up my buddy's cts-v at 730whp on what was likely a "higher reading" dyno ran a 9.9 1/4 on a terribly prepped track. This car of equal weight should be capable of better, both given band, power, and as you stated a low reading dynojet...

Forgive the few of us who are skeptical with just dyno data anymore. We've been seeing recorder breaker dynos left and right each month a new "omg look at power" thread pops up and the posters quickly vanish with no real supporting data data.

This car is 9 second power and should have the m5 1/4 record at that power. Even blowing the tires off.

I'll see about that
My M6 did 10.7 129mph with 670 whp. I guarantee this M5 would smoke my M6 with that older set up. Even if I got similar power Numbers like this M5 it will be hard to break 10's do to traction issues and with a DCT transmission.

American muscle is setup for 1/4 mile track compared to our beasts. the outcome on the highway between both will be a different ballgame. I know from experience and even seen the same situation with other cars like an RS7 running 10.4's lighting up an M5 at the track that was getting mid 11's do to the track, even though he had 700whp but once they hit the highway M5 pulled on it.

Anyway we'll be here all day arguing about numbers, and performance figures with other cars. Best place to see is race the competition and see the real life results on the highway. 1/4 mile is for prepped cars and lots of practice to get it right.

Once again congrats on your power
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 11:26 AM   #41
dmetuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777
Quote:
Originally Posted by middly View Post

1st of all when I was involved in tuning you still thought it consist of changing oil, and park plugs, 2nd my tune worked very WELL on high octane ONLY which I'm sure all tunes still do to this day unless stage 1 up to 19psi, 3rd when I came out to race last time I had no one to race, you are all slow and I ripped all your assholes, 4th allmotor never posted any datalogs, maybe his tune is hurting him, because some tunes do tend to run low timing and maybe allmotor should compensate that with e85 instead, again IDK I haven't seen his actual logs, and 5th I've never said that dyno reads high I said MAYBE it does, so FU Moe
Oh yea....same night your charge pipe hose clamps were coming loose and asking me how to fix it in the service area.

Love you buddy but it's just wrong to post stupid shit like "the Dyno might be reading high"

Im not about that life.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 11:29 AM   #42
allmotor_2000
Rep

Try 60-130, you should be 5.x at this power level. I ran 6.0 and maybe same or slightly less power than your setup.

I think there are tweaks in the flash to make the car run stock factory timing maps thinking 16psi boost. But don't know how safe that is.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 11:36 AM   #43
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My M6 did 10.7 129mph with 670 whp. I guarantee this M5 would smoke my M6 with that older set up. Even if I got similar power Numbers like this M5 it will be hard to break 10's do to traction issues and with a DCT transmission.

American muscle is setup for 1/4 mile track compared to our beasts. the outcome on the highway between both will be a different ballgame. I know from experience and even seen the same situation with other cars like an RS7 running 10.4's lighting up an M5 at the track that was getting mid 11's do to the track, even though he had 700whp but once they hit the highway M5 pulled on it.

Anyway we'll be here all day arguing about numbers, and performance figures with other cars. Best place to see is race the competition and see the real life results on the highway. 1/4 mile is for prepped cars and lots of practice to get it right.

Once again congrats on your power
I just wanna see I'm always skeptical of "Low reading" dynojet comments... Granted I just argued with someone on the semantics of dyno comparisons, but I just want to see more verifiable data... So I can conclusively argue for the M5 being a powerhouse. I don't wanna look stupid when I make comments and have no data to back up how the platform is doing.

I'm also curious what kind of use this car is seeing. At that power level unless its just that over-built internally small issues should start to crop up. So I'm curious if this is a car seeing daily use or someone who puts 10 miles on their car a year and we'll again not be getting much data.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #44
allmotor_2000
Rep

I run hard every day and have been since getting the car. Maybe something will break, but not yet.
Appreciate 0