M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

08-01-2016, 10:35 AM   #23
fkim119
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 Porsche Panamera Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackson1906 View Post
But is the Panamera $50k better than the M5? The MSRP on my 2015 M5 was $121k. A similarly spec'd 2017 Panamera Turbo was around $175k. If a person has money to burn, then $50k+ may not make that much of a difference. However, most people could tune, mod, etc., to get the M5 feel lighter or more visceral or do something non car-related with an extra $50k.
The price difference is actually much closer then that. Most returning Porsche customers can order the car and get 6% off minimum if they have an established relationship with the dealer.

Is it 50K better? I think so but that is subjective. I don't think you can replicate how visceral and light it feels. That is the character of each individual car. You can mod the M5 all you want and try to replicate what the Panamera does or beat it in a straight all day long but the package coming out of the box for Porsche is a damn good. I've owned about 20 different cars in the last 4 years across all brands. The M5 will always feel like a straight line sledgehammer. Maybe the Panamera might not be as fast but it definitely feels much more balanced and a better package overall.That's why the prices keep going up across all lines and people still keep coming back.
22' Porsche Cayenne Turbo
24' Porsche GT4RS on order
Appreciate 0