M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #23
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

OK let me take some time and energy to elaborate on what I said previously to educate you guys on how to beat red light camera tickets in California, especially if its not you driving.

Everything Im telling you comes from this website (super cool)
http://www.highwayrobbery.net/redlightcamsticket.htm

read that website thru and thru and you will beat alot, not all but a lot of these bullshit tickets.
Im spreading the word solely because I FUCKING HATEEEEE Red light cameras and what they stand for.

I will now give you the cliff notes of what to do pertaining to M-Turismo only and your individual cases may vary.

My story, I got 2 red light camera tickets, both in Riverside, once in my moms car, once, in my aunts car. The first time in my moms car, I paid for it like an idiot, it was $456 and 1 point on my record. The 2nd time, I said fuck this shit, did a little research and able to beat the system.

M, you got a red light camera ticket without you driving. Congratulations you already won half the battle. The driver is also not of your gender. Congratulations you just increased your chance by another 25%.

This is what you will do in steps.
First, you will look at the actual ticket they send you. IS the picture clear. Can you clearly tell the driver is a female?
Second, look for this pharse on your ticket. "Do not contact the court about this notice." If you find this pharse on your ticket, you are fucking golden. If you find this pharse, what you have is not a real ticket, its whats called a phishing ticket, because the ticket review guy (the fat donut muncher that actually sits in front of the TV and review your video before sending out a "ticket") clearly notices the "obvious gender difference" of the driver to the registered owner. So he sends you a real looking fake ticket that has never been filed with the courts, because he knows the judge will actually get pissed off at their incompetency for filing a clearly mismatched gender case to him. So they send you this phishing ticket along with a form for you to rat out who that was driving with threats and official looking shit.
This ticket has NO LEGAL weight and can be treated as junk mail. All you have to do is crumble it up and give it to your dog to shit on . This is what I did.
Anything that is not filed with the courts, you do not have to respond to. That is just how our justice system is set up. And the court will not issue anything to you with the pharse "do not contact the court about this notice" on it. and I believe somebody already said it, you DO NOT have the legal obligation to assist the police to ID the real person.
Now if you can't find that pharse, look for incomplete court address or missing court number for a sign of a phishing ticket. However because even real tickets (by real I now mean tickets issued by the courts) can have missing information, the for sure way to find out is by calling the court and ask them to draw up your charges, and if the court have no record, you don't got a ticket.

Now when you disregard your phishing ticket. 1 of 4 things will happen.
1. Nothing and its like nothing ever happened (this is my case)
2. They will send you more notice scaring you with threats of license suspention or points or violating laws blah blah blah. Toss all that shit away as long as its not a ticket from a real court. On rare occasions they might even call you to harass you, all you have to say is "this is not a good time and I have nothing to tell you."
3. If they have the man power, thought very unlikely, they will try to find the person by searching for your wife, sisters, mom, old addresses you have lived and comparing their DL pic with the ticket pic. This is very time consuming thus, they just won't do it.
4. They still submit your case to the courts to waste your time and the court will send you a real ticket/notice. You CAN NOT ignore this notice and will have to show up to court to plead your case.

On the very very rare chance that they do send your case to court. It gets a bit tricky. There is 2 things you can do, both will get you out of the ticket, but have different risks.

Method 1, LIE. you obviously know the girl driving, because she is your girlfriend, and remember you will be under oath and lieing is commiting perjury, A CRIME. However if you wish, you can give the following story. you drove to a bar that night to drink. You got trashed and happened to pick up a chick for the night. She drove both you guys home that night to fuck because you were shitfaced and ran a red in the process. You guys never exchanged info because mutually wanted to remain a simple 1 night stand, and you didn't even know you got flashed, and you don't even know her real name and no number, face book, email nada. Bam credible story, no way for you to tell the judge who it was even if you wanted to. You are obviously not the driver, case dismissed, unless the cops can find the real "criminal" which is just not worth the time and effort for them.

Method 2. Truth. You can tell the truth without exposing who she is. This works because you do NOT have to tell the Judge who she is by law, but by law of perjury you can't lie in answering his questions. How the fuck do I answer the Judge if he ask "Do you know who this girl driving is?" Simple. you say "your honor, I know that the driver does not look like me and is obviously opposite gender to me, so it can not be me." Thats all, and answer all his questions with "the driver does not look like me." The judge will not be able to force the case into a guilty verdict based on false evidence and he can't make you say who it is, but you can NOT say "I don't know who she is" because that is a lie, and if you are going to do that, you might as well go with method 1.

Method 1
PROS, simple story, believable, extremely hard and takes a lot of resources to debunk.
CONS, you are fucking committing perjury and don't do it if you are going to pussy out half way thru.

Method 2
PROS, you are telling the truth so you are not committing perjury and at the same time achieving the goal of not ratting her out, with manipulation of words (which is essentially what lawyers do).
CONS, you ARE going to piss off the judge, and in our powerful courts, you just never know what the hell a pissed off Judge will do. YOU JUST NEVER KNOW and its a HUGE risk.

So you can see, the choice is yours, and you can walk either path. Or just pay for it like an idiot I was the first time.
In all probably, if you got a phishing ticket in you hands right now, you already won...BURN IT.

Disclaimer:
Im DEFINITELY NOT advising you to committ perjury, Im simply stating that you could if YOU WANT. I would NEVER LIE to a Judge becase Im all about lawfulness and honesty.

P.S. if any1 want to actually debate the legality of red light cameras and how much "safer" we are with them I'll be happy to oblige, just in another thread.

This is all done in assumption that you don't want to get the real driver in trouble, if you don't give a shit, by all means rat them out.

Last edited by samwoo2go; 09-23-2009 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 0