M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-17-2007, 08:00 AM   #45
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

I know the thread is a couple months old. Did you pick a place yet? Or have you just put it off again?

How much time do you want to spend away from work? 1 week? 4 weeks?

How old are you?

You could try a tour group to a really exotic place - they take care of all the details. I mean, who wants to deal with travel arrangements to get to Madagascar? Or Bhutan? You can drop a $huge$ amount of ca$h, and go anywhere!

It sounds like you want to interact with people, though others are pushing interacting with nature. If you want both, New Zealand would be a good choice, though they speak English. Lots of outdoor-type options there.

You can find a 5-star (or better) hotel anywhere in the world, stay there and see the local sites. Try the Relais & Chateaux website to pick your location:

http://www.relaischateaux.com/en/

You won't find better hotels, anywhere, than listed on that site.

Cities are easier to do alone, compared with a beach/tropical destination. Most people in Europe speak some English, so if you want real difficulties communicating, choose elsewhere. Asia seems far, perhaps 2 weeks Hong Kong?

Have you considered multiple 1-week destination vacations?

I bet the island of Malta would be fun for a week, staying in the Xara Palace hotel.

Or maybe Athens for a few days, then out to Santorini for the rest of the trip. Great hotels both places.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 01:54 PM   #46
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
mayanh8, u ever go?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0