nugent
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
No, you can't.

The latest model LaFerrari (yes it's actaually called that...) is only sold to those who are previous clients of Ferrari and that currently owns at least 10 Ferraris.

The chosen few has been invited to previews and lunches (only a few at a time) and those who have been found "worthy" has been added to the list.

That's exclusivity. Buying a BMW (any BMW) is sort of like going to buy a pack of gum compared to that...

OK, i'm going to have to continue this pointless argument. a neighbor has a visitor (2 fat dudes, 1 very old) who drove up in his 458 italia. if i paid him one million dollars to buy me another ferrari, he would do it. your points are taken, but let's be serious here. enough money gets you any car. respect, that can't be bought. women and cars, yes everyday and twice on sundays.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #68
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent View Post
OK, i'm going to have to continue this pointless argument. a neighbor has a visitor (2 fat dudes, 1 very old) who drove up in his 458 italia. if i paid him one million dollars to buy me another ferrari, he would do it. your points are taken, but let's be serious here. enough money gets you any car. respect, that can't be bought. women and cars, yes everyday and twice on sundays.
Pointless.....???? It's //M related.....

Point taken.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #69
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Quote:
Are you in jail with all this respect talk?

Last edited by URBAN LEGEND; 04-30-2013 at 01:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #70
mindlessmark07
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

I got one for you guys!!
Attached Images

MindlessMark07
///2013 M5 Alpine White/Black,Orange County CA\\\
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 12:49 AM   #71
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Fake ///M badging is goofy and tacky. It certainly deserves a thread of harrassment and jackass pics.

That one of the 3 series with 3 M badges on the trunk lid is off the charts

Last edited by Rob///M5; 04-30-2013 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 01:21 AM   #72
nugent
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND
Quote:
Are you 14 years old? You sure cant spell.
please enlighten me on my spelling mistakes.

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 01:39 AM   #73
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow. Grammar ain't your friend. Some people bring other things to the table. For example, I'm not patient. Maybe you are. We compliment each other.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 03:02 AM   #74
Ahmed
Private First Class
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [1.00]
I encourage this kind of behaviour. Because the more common it becomes, the less BS threads like these we will see on forums!

Sick of this issue already!!!

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 03:09 AM   #75
E39M5fan
Rep
Drives: X5

Ok, I don't own an M car, but aspire to one day and I'm firmly against putting M5 badges on non-M5s.

Firstly a disclaimer - I'm not AS against people buying M5 parts (vs the badge) like the rear diffuser/front bumper as I appreciate people like the look of them even if it does nothing for them functionally as people may well want the look but cannot afford the running costs/insurance that comes with owning an M5 but perhaps aspire to one day. BMW recognise this so even offer an Msport package (admittedly not identical to the M5's front/rear end and wheels). My views are regards M5 badges in particular.

I think the reason so many M5 owners are annoyed by this practice is because it cheapens what the badge REPRESENTS. It isn't just a $30 piece off eBay that doesn't harm anyone but something the car has earned the right to have on its boot/trunk lid, fenders etc. In the same way the right to have a CSL badge on an E46 M3 represents all the extra CF on the roof, door panels, wheels/slick tyres etc etc etc on top of an excellent car. So when you see one on the road you appreciate its significance and recognition of the time/money/effort put into bringing it into existence and the achievement by a team of engineers in producing what has been universally acclaimed as a great car. Same applies with a 911 carrera (again a very accomplished car) vs a GT3 or whatever

It also represents a statement of personal achievement/a point the individual owner/driver has reached in life, similar to buying an expensive watch. Let's take a Rolex Deep Sea, you will never take it diving to its maximum depth rating, but you appreciate the significance of the time put into it and so it earns its name. People buy these things to mark weddings/birthdays/graduation/overcoming a personal issue so when they see someone wearing a fake that is designed to look exactly like one with the Rolex badges etc it cheapens the experience for them and why they bought it for their own reasons. Again, not against knockoffs - like Rotary often make watches that look like Breitling Navitimers etc but it clearly says Rotary on it, and the owner is not making any statement that they know (or care) about what movement is powering it or what materials were used or what complications it has, they simply like how it looks and it does the job, they don't need COSC certification to +/- whatever seconds.

The most simple/childish way to express this is perhaps when back in school you work hard/revise for a big test, and the douche next to you copies your answers and gets the same grade. You both get As but you're still pi$$ed cos the A is more than a letter to you. Yes it is childish as grown adults to still be thinking like this and you could just say 'get over it' but cars like an M5 etc are childish and for the big kid in all of us, so that's why it grates on owners.

All IMO blahblahblah

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 03:23 AM   #76
kthankzbye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 550i, 2020 G05 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024
i came to the 5 forums to see some nice cars and i get a bunch of stuck up little b***hes crying over some guys that just put some letters on there cars...you guys are probably the same guys that wear decked out bmw clothing.

seriously how old are you guys? key fake on someones car because they put ///m on their car? they lambo guys should key your car "broke" for buying an "affordable" sports car.

anyone hating that much on these cars need to get a new perspective on life...would i do this to my car...hell no but to just flat out come out and say i wanna beat their ass for this is pretty pathetic.

you guys drive a nice car so just enjoy your car and stop the hating.
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 04:56 AM   #77
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND
Quote:
Wow. Grammar ain't your friend. Some people bring other things to the table. For example, I'm not patient. Maybe you are. We compliment each other.
It's virtually impossible to get your grammar and spelling correct when typing on an iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #78
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
The pretentiousness in this thread is utterly sickening.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #79
kc1953
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Thanks. I could really benefit from some of your perspective and advice to get my priorities straight.

What's your home address? I'd like to stop by for a cup of tea and some more life advice.
The other forum was getting really boring. Glad I dropped by for this yuckfest.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #80
kc1953
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i

Quote:
Guys - lets just surrender to this. Even better lets put together a fund to give free M5 badges to the guys in the 5 series forum. I'll contribute a $100. Who wants to join?
Now I'm insulted. What makes you think I want anyone to think my sensible, unmodded, bone stock, f10 535i is on steroids?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #81
emmfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye 535i View Post
ugh i'm feeling the same way

The tercel in the above pic with the M badge looks like something I would have done in my younger years. I think it's funny, a joke only car guys get.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #82
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1953 View Post
Now I'm insulted. What makes you think I want anyone to think my sensible, unmodded, bone stock, f10 535i is on steroids?

I was in a meeting today where someone mentioned that the driver of a BMW M6 (F12 or F13) had been busted for unsafe driving and speeding... Further debate on who these guys in these BMW's think they are etc... All the guys from my office looked over at me, smiling (since they obviously know that I'm driving a BMW).

Stupid idiots driving like that and ruining our reputation as BMW owners...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #83
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye 535i View Post
So is the self righteousness and sanctimoniousness.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #84
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
So is the self righteousness and sanctimoniousness.
Isn't self righteousness and sanctimoniousness basically two words that describe the same thing? Just used in slightly different settings?

Defined as:
"a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person"
(English is my second language so excuse my ignorance).
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #85
Stash21
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Thought we were talking about cars. Didn't realise we had gone into a diction / grammar debate.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #86
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash21 View Post
Thought we were talking about cars. Didn't realise we had gone into a diction / grammar debate.
Yes. We are.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #87
cjackson1906
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 GC & 2019 M5C

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
The diversity of opinion on this site is what keeps me amused on a regular basis. I mean where else can you have a discussion about fake M badges turn into questions about incarceration history, spelling/grammar errors and trademark litigation? Please keep this train wreck of a thread going b/c I need a laugh throughout my day.

Seriously, someone mentioned this already, but imitation is the best form of flattery. We take ourselves and others too seriously sometimes. Everyone has a right to their opinion and although I wouldn't put a M badge on 528 or Tercel (that has to be photoshopped), why would I spend negative energy on those guys when I should direct all of my negative energy at the people in the Subarus, minivans, Toyotas and Volvos driving in the left lane...um, no judgment...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #88
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Isn't self righteousness and sanctimoniousness basically two words that describe the same thing? Just used in slightly different settings?

Defined as:
"a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person"
(English is my second language so excuse my ignorance).
Similar but not the same, he probably pulled some synonyms from Webster. From my understanding self-righteousness is someone with higher than average moral viewpoints(has to have abnormal morals) who looks down on others and passes judgment because they do not share similar views. Sanctimoniousness from my understanding is only reserved for religious situations describing the same thing but regarding the person’s religious viewpoints not their general moral standpoints. Not sure either really apply to any comments in this thread.

Pretty damn impressive English is your second language based on your reply, nice stuff. Wish I had a similar grasp on my second language.
Appreciate 0