M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

11-17-2021, 03:05 PM   #1
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Downpipes in Swaintech Coating

I sent these out about a month or so ago and have been sitting in a box waiting for me to return from some remote work that I do. I still have a few more weeks before I get home but even then I may not get to install them right away due to my remote work. Sadly it could be well into next year before I get a chance to install them

My son grabbed some photos for me while in my garage and figured I would share. I haven't put my hands on them yet but he said the coating is very consistently applied and looks great. They were boxed with care inside and out.
Attached Images

2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 04:24 PM   #2
Bmyguy88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6, 135i

I've always wondered of the real world benefits of this. They look great though !
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 05:41 PM   #3
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
In these hot v engines you'll definitely want to either wrap or coat these puppies.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 07:08 PM   #4
Bmyguy88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6, 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
In these hot v engines you'll definitely want to either wrap or coat these puppies.
I wrapped mine. But if this did the same job I'd rather get them coated as visually they are more appealing then wrapping.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 08:18 PM   #5
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
I won't be scientific but I do plan on collecting before and after temps. If anyone has data on their coating or wrap I'd love to see it.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 01:28 AM   #6
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

No data here but the difference of before and after catless was substantial for me.

The fans are running way less after you shut the engine off and there's much less heat coming out of it when you open the hood.

Additionally, before I turned off my cold start, it would have it after like an hour of sitting. Whereas before getting the DPs, it was at a minimum of about 5-6 hours before I'd get a cold start.

I'm running unwrapped and uncoated Meisterschaft 90mm with the big reservoir. They said there's a difference in power and cooling with the 90mm vs. the regular 76mm.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2021, 09:51 AM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Looks great

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2021, 11:27 AM   #8
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Looks great
Can't wait to get them installed and use that bootmod3 kit I bought from you guys. Unfortunately the rest of the year and early next year is pretty busy for me so I won't like have it done until March or April of next year.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 11:28 AM   #9
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
No data here but the difference of before and after catless was substantial for me.

The fans are running way less after you shut the engine off and there's much less heat coming out of it when you open the hood.

Additionally, before I turned off my cold start, it would have it after like an hour of sitting. Whereas before getting the DPs, it was at a minimum of about 5-6 hours before I'd get a cold start.

I'm running unwrapped and uncoated Meisterschaft 90mm with the big reservoir. They said there's a difference in power and cooling with the 90mm vs. the regular 76mm.
Did you wrap them as well or use a turbo blanket?
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2021, 07:18 PM   #10
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post

Did you wrap them as well or use a turbo blanket?
No turbo blanket and no wrap. Just installed as they came.
Appreciate 1