M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

10-18-2019, 02:54 PM   #1
landonew
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Place to sell F10 M5 stock Cats in DFW?

Hi All - about two years ago, I installed a boostmod2 and aftermarket downpipes on my F10 M5. Car runs like a raped ape, and since I've not going back to stock, I thought I might sell my stock cats. Was thinking maybe a BMW dealership. If anyone has a suggestion in DFW, please let me know.

Name:  M5.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  344.0 KB

Name:  cats.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  277.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 03:18 PM   #2
rockyfeller
King of NYC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 CP

I'd hold on to them if I were you. You might want to put them back on when you sell. The next owner might like everything about your car except your downpipes. Or even if they do like the car as is, it's like a nice added free bonus if you say you have the original and they can always put it back on down the road.

But if you're still more interested in selling/getting money for it, post an ad in the Marketplace section of this forum. Also try craigslist, I have sold so many things that way to local buyers. The last bet is eBay, but you will have to deal with shipping and fees.

BTW I doubt very much any dealer is really interested in buying used parts. They have to warranty and stay behind their parts/work. They're only going to use new OEM parts for everything they do to maintain their reputation. They don't care what anything costs, a customer going to a dealer for repair knows what kind of price they're in for. Exhaust shops will have no interest. This is too model specific and cats are expensive. Your only other chance is an independent BMW specialty shop that installs a lot of downpipes. They may have interest because ocassionally they will have a customer looking to go back to an OEM downpipe.
      06-02-2021, 02:03 PM   #3
AnotherM
Cole
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 m5 CP

Offerup, craigslist

Edit: just realized how old this is. Would hope the OP figured it out by now.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 11:09 PM   #4
jlthethird
Rep
Drives: m2c

Any chance these are still available?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 01:38 AM   #5
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Think it's a mistake to sell your cats, you don't know what pollution laws your state could bring in soon.
Appreciate 0