BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-21-2018, 07:39 AM   #45
PRKELLY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 M5 CP

Buying from CM is important to me because of the warranty product they carry through CNA. It is just about as good as a factory warranty.
I had an E60 M5 that I purchased from CM and although I loved that car and took great care of it, there was a curse upon it and it cost the warranty co almost 40K in two years. As such I am wary purchasing from a dealer with the limited CPO warranty or from a private sale with another 3rd party warranty provider.

Interesting point about the exterior wear, I had them go over this car pretty thoroughly prior to shipping it and they report zero paint issues. I also told them not to wash it when it arrived, my detailer will take care of the paint and any necessary correction.

I'm leaving the office early today to go and pick it up, I was up at 5AM with the excitement today holds for me! I feel like a kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuhandy View Post
I think you got a good deal if buying from Carmax was important to you.
They definitely priced yours lower than what is normal for them.
The only reason I typically avoid carmax is that the exterior of their cars are too worn for my liking.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #46
nismonian
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Yup Maxcare "their best one"
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #47
PRKELLY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yes sir, 0 deductible and 125K miles. So when I'm ready for the next gen I can sell this one with warranty remaining on it and i feel that is a great sell point to a private buyer. I sold my Corvette with remaining GMPP in less than a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismonian View Post
Yup Maxcare "their best one"
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #48
SapphireM5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRKELLY View Post
Buying from CM is important to me because of the warranty product they carry through CNA. It is just about as good as a factory warranty.
I had an E60 M5 that I purchased from CM and although I loved that car and took great care of it, there was a curse upon it and it cost the warranty co almost 40K in two years. As such I am wary purchasing from a dealer with the limited CPO warranty or from a private sale with another 3rd party warranty provider.

Interesting point about the exterior wear, I had them go over this car pretty thoroughly prior to shipping it and they report zero paint issues. I also told them not to wash it when it arrived, my detailer will take care of the paint and any necessary correction.

I'm leaving the office early today to go and pick it up, I was up at 5AM with the excitement today holds for me! I feel like a kid!

Quote:
I think you got a good deal if buying from Carmax was important to you.
They definitely priced yours lower than what is normal for them.
The only reason I typically avoid carmax is that the exterior of their cars are too worn for my liking.
These are the best moments!!! Waiting for a new car to arrive, hopefully you are out enjoying it!! Post up pics
'13 Black Sapphire Metallic - BPM Stage 1 Tune - RPI Exhaust - KW HAS Kit - 12mm spacers all around- Carbon Fiber front lip - High Kick Trunk Spoiler - Rear Roof Spoiler - IND Kidney and Fender Grills - 20% Tint all around 50% Front Windshield - PPF
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #49
rsuhandy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 M6;E92 M3;E85 Z4M; 958 SEH

Quote:

Then I think you did well!
Just to clarify, I'm super OCD and all of my cars are maintained in showroom condition. Not that I don't drive them a lot, but I always get them ceramic coated and clearbra'd, and I typically find that since Carmax almost always stores their cars outside, that some of the wear accumulated on their cars is irreversible to me. Also, I'm assuming you haven't bought your car yet, so I'd definitely check for bumper wear, driver seat bolster wear, curb rash etc.
I remember test driving a Carmax M6GC and tons of stuff was either broken and or ripped on the interior and bumper. Bumper was cracked on the underside and it smelled like an ashtray. Btw, I paid them $450 to transfer it in for me, and they told me no issues before the transfer. I managed to get refunded after they sent me that POS car which I obviously passed on.
Appreciate 1
M5ATL0.00
      02-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #50
PRKELLY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Yes, I'm very happy so far.

I did however find a couple of imperfections in the paint,
my detailer can correct then easily but there is oddly enough a ding in the gas filler cover. Awaiting to hear from CM on getting it repaired.

Quote:
Then I think you did well!
Just to clarify, I'm super OCD and all of my cars are maintained in showroom condition. Not that I don't drive them a lot, but I always get them ceramic coated and clearbra'd, and I typically find that since Carmax almost always stores their cars outside, that some of the wear accumulated on their cars is irreversible to me. Also, I'm assuming you haven't bought your car yet, so I'd definitely check for bumper wear, driver seat bolster wear, curb rash etc.
I remember test driving a Carmax M6GC and tons of stuff was either broken and or ripped on the interior and bumper. Bumper was cracked on the underside and it smelled like an ashtray. Btw, I paid them $450 to transfer it in for me, and they told me no issues before the transfer. I managed to get refunded after they sent me that POS car which I obviously passed on.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 04:38 PM   #51
Beast27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Alpine White/Black CP

interested in Pics!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 05:39 PM   #52
PRKELLY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast27 View Post
interested in Pics!!!!!!
I’ll post a bunch this weekend.
Appreciate 1
Beast27358.00
      02-22-2018, 08:37 PM   #53
mundo74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Congrats! I ended up switching out my interior trim to Aluminum trace... gave it an updated feel to it...
what did you have before. I have the aluminum and want the fineline.
      02-23-2018, 06:49 AM   #54
Beast27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Alpine White/Black CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundo74 View Post
Do you want mine? I believe it's called Anthracite fineline and it's sitting in my garage...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 07:00 AM   #55
mundo74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Quote:
Do you want mine? I believe it's called Anthracite fineline and it's sitting in my garage...
sent pm.
      02-23-2018, 07:29 AM   #56
PRKELLY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have the fine line anthracite and want aluminum trace!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 09:56 AM   #57
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Quote:
First mod will be black grills with out the chrome surround. Might need to figure out how to do body color on the door handles too, not big on the chrome strip.
I did this for about $15 bucks. Just use vinyl wrap (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) It look about 5 mins to install onto all four doors. Put the vinyl over the chrome and apply some heat to make it stick. Then using a cutting knife, trim around the chrome.

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #58
PRKELLY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
I did this for about $15 bucks. Just use vinyl wrap (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) It look about 5 mins to install onto all four doors. Put the vinyl over the chrome and apply some heat to make it stick. Then using a cutting knife, trim around the chrome.

Damn good work! I might have to follow suit. I'm still adjusting to the car and want to become fully immersed in the experience before making any changes.

Thanks for posting!

Peter
Appreciate 1
Ickdeep5717.50