Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

01-24-2024, 02:50 AM   #1
tino04
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5 Competition

Fuel Injector Part Number help?

Hi All,

I've got a 2016 M5 Competition (which has a bit of history attached to it).

Purchased Late November 2022 and the very next day a rod sheared through the engine block leading to the Engine, Turbo's, Inlet Manifolds etc being replaced under warranty. This took approximately 3 months and I got the car back last Feb.

Undertook the running in service with BMW directly at the recommended mileage and everything was running fine.

Just after Christmas, I started getting a rough idle, leading me to think it might be plugs or a sensor issue. Got it hooked up to the computer a week or so ago at an indy and it looks like there's an issue with the injectors.

I inquired with BMW as to whether the injectors were replaced alongside everything else and they said "it doesn't look like it", which on a £40k warranty job, seemed unlikely to me - and obviously, I opted not to extend the warranty at £2.5k when it's just had it's entire innards replaced (or so I thought)

Now if we start to go down the road of replacing the Injectors - BMW OEM are c~ £240 plus VAT. 8 of them before we've started on Coils, Plugs or a Battery has me thinking there has to be a better way.

I've seen Bosch ones: https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/7307952, which I think are the same as the BMW just non-branded, and yeah they're a third of the price, but I know there's some complications on EU5 vs EU6 so want to make sure I go down the right route, preferably without spending £5k

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60090.50
      01-24-2024, 03:45 AM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

EU 6 compatible injectors if genuine 575 hp LCI Competition engine, non branded should be fine.
Try injector cleaner first, I use red Redex petrol additive with every fill up.
It's seems very strange if they removed the old injectors and put them in new engine, there are crush washers that can't be re-used and only come with new injectors.

Last edited by M5Rick; 01-24-2024 at 04:07 AM..
Appreciate 1
tino043.00
      01-24-2024, 05:28 AM   #3
tino04
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
EU 6 compatible injectors if genuine 575 hp LCI Competition engine, non branded should be fine.
Try injector cleaner first, I use red Redex petrol additive with every fill up.
It's seems very strange if they removed the old injectors and put them in new engine, there are crush washers that can't be re-used and only come with new injectors.
Thanks Rick, yes, my view was that they'd absolutely have replaced the injectors particularly with all the other work they done. Cleaner is an idea!

Worth doing plugs and coils? The issue I've got is I didn't get a bill of works from them - long story
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60090.50
      01-24-2024, 07:09 AM   #4
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino04 View Post
Thanks Rick, yes, my view was that they'd absolutely have replaced the injectors particularly with all the other work they done. Cleaner is an idea!

Worth doing plugs and coils? The issue I've got is I didn't get a bill of works from them - long story
Get one plug out for inspection and if it looks well used then yes.
Mine lasted to 38k from new before going into slow mode under full throttle and it was time to replace them at BMW, on 42k now and I didn't bother with coils as they are running fine.
Appreciate 1
tino043.00