M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

06-23-2022, 03:11 PM   #1
centrum
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d 416 M Sport 2014

F10 M5 Sport: shortcut buttons ideas for best practicallity

Hi all,

As I own an f10 M5 Sport but all this is applicable to all BMWs from that serie, I'm reaching out as I'm trying to find out the best usage of the shortcut buttons from 1 to 8 on the BMW 5 series which you can press for taking you to a particular setting. The reason I'm struggling to make up my mind is that there is the voice commands which if you get to learn them, it works quite consistently and well, then I'm reaching out to the community for ideas when the shortcuts will still make sense in terms of value.
Can you share what did you set yours on and the why behind?

I'm really looking forward to some great and genuis ideas of these button usage.

It's the last thing I need to configure on my car (afaik).

Thank you in advance,
Centrum,
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 11:15 AM   #2
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

How do you even customize those? I had no idea what they're even supposed to do lol
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 02:41 PM   #3
overcrash94
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5 f10

I have a m5 too but i don't know wich button you talking about
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 12:26 AM   #4
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 Frozen Blue

The shortcut buttons 1-8 allow you to quickly navigate to a submenu of each main menu, e.g. vehicle information -> tire pressure monitoring.
You just maneuver to the desired menu section and keep the button pressed until you hear a beeping sound.
I personally use them to have a quick look at the tire pressure by just hitting button 1 or immediately select USB as main audio source by hitting button 2, etc.
In the radio submenu, this feature is also used to safe your favorite stations.

I think this feature is very useful and totally underrated or even unknown
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 04:53 AM   #5
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCD-1983 View Post
The shortcut buttons 1-8 allow you to quickly navigate to a submenu of each main menu, e.g. vehicle information -> tire pressure monitoring.
You just maneuver to the desired menu section and keep the button pressed until you hear a beeping sound.
I personally use them to have a quick look at the tire pressure by just hitting button 1 or immediately select USB as main audio source by hitting button 2, etc.

I've had my M five years and learn something all the time. Is it me or are your tire pressures extremely high, especially on the back, it does say 2.6 on the doorjamb.I was warned by having over inflation by a BMW tech.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 08:18 AM   #6
m5rosco
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 M5

I have no6 set to show the tyre pressures/temp. Being a right hand drive car thats the closest button I can see due to my vent mounted phone mount/charger. I don't think I have any of the others set for anything!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 01:22 PM   #7
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Quote:

I've had my M five years and learn something all the time. Is it me or are your tire pressures extremely high, especially on the back, it does say 2.6 on the doorjamb.I was warned by having over inflation by a BMW tech.
For regular 19" wheels, it would be too high.
The wheel manufacturer in my case recommended 2,6 front and 2,9 rear for these 21" wheels. The pressure ratings shown are recorded after some high speed driving and the tire manufacturer approved these figures!
Thank you for asking, tire pressures are very important!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2022, 09:12 AM   #8
centrum
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d 416 M Sport 2014

Since we moved at covering other topics, does anyone when does BMW usually release a new map version as I bought 1Y of free updates and I'm hoping I'm going to get the 1-2023 one as I've followed the Sat Nat directions in an unknown city and the road was a one way street and received a fine at home in couple of weeks. I'm sure there are other areas like that which are out of date in the 2-2022 already.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 04:29 PM   #9
bgalex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3, F10 M5

Quote:

Where did you get that screen with the new iDrive installed?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 10:03 PM   #10
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalex View Post
Quote:

Where did you get that screen with the new iDrive installed?
I purchased a pre-programmed NBT EVO ID6 with the compatible touchscreen in the original frame from a German seller, it is plug & play. The installation is effortless and the seamless integration a huge upgrade. If you need more details, please send me a message.
Appreciate 0