M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

10-14-2019, 12:02 PM   #45
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Took preworkout (400 mg of caffeine) before I went to the Dr. this morning, unknowing that I would be having an EKG done.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
kscarrol8752.00
      10-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #46
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Took preworkout (400 mg of caffeine) before I went to the Dr. this morning, unknowing that I would be having an EKG done.
Posting from the cardiac unit at your local hospital?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      10-15-2019, 07:18 AM   #47
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Posting from the cardiac unit at your local hospital?
The girl that ran the EKG was cracking up at me. I was very chatty and the look on her face when trying to get a baseline reading was pretty funny. She was dying laughing at me when she asked me to raise my shirt and I told her I now know how the girls gone wild girls feel.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
kscarrol8752.00
      10-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #48
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Why you need that much caffeine!?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #49
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Gotta keep the heart going bro
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 06:11 AM   #50
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I'm pretty sure that Now_Rudi has just built up a pretty good tolerance to it.

I remember when Pre-Workout supps first became popular. Most had around 100mg of caffeine in it.

I'm sensitive to stimulants, so couple that along with something like Niacin in the old stuff would have me bouncing off the walls.

Now I see stuff with 200+mg of caffeine, 100mg of teacrine, 20mg yohimbe...all combined into one drink. I wouldn't sleep for a week if I took one of these...and I don't hardly sleep now.

I used to make up my own stimulant free stuff...mainly stuff that enhanced vasodilation for pumps.

Now...I just use some EAA's and Beet Root Powder. EAA to stimulate protein synthesis, and Beets to enhance blood flow.
JP102461.00
      10-16-2019, 07:28 AM   #51
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I need this much caffeine because tiger blood is thick AF and I need a little something extra to keep it coursing through my veins at optimal levels.

Seriously, I used to drink coffee throughout the day until I started paying more attention to my daily intake. I run 100 mph from the time I wake up 4:00-4:30 a.m. until my head hits the pillow at 11:00-11:30 p.m. I don't get near enough sleep throughout the week. Rather than sipping on coffee (that I litter with cream and sugar) all day, I've replaced that with strategically timed drinks of preworkout - WAY less calories and WAAAY more caffeine. I imagine, to those of you who read my posts, there is a clear distinction between my early morning posts/ramblings compared to afternoon/post lunch posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I'm pretty sure that Now_Rudi has just built up a pretty good tolerance to it.

I remember when Pre-Workout supps first became popular. Most had around 100mg of caffeine in it.

I'm sensitive to stimulants, so couple that along with something like Niacin in the old stuff would have me bouncing off the walls.

Now I see stuff with 200+mg of caffeine, 100mg of teacrine, 20mg yohimbe...all combined into one drink. I wouldn't sleep for a week if I took one of these...and I don't hardly sleep now.

I used to make up my own stimulant free stuff...mainly stuff that enhanced vasodilation for pumps.

Now...I just use some EAA's and Beet Root Powder. EAA to stimulate protein synthesis, and Beets to enhance blood flow.
I'd say my tolerance is up there, but it still hits me pretty well in the morning and right before the gym. I alternate between the drinks I take. In the morning it's usually LIT preworkout (I think 240mg of caffeine) or Mr. Hyde (400mg!). After the gym I drink Growth Surge, which is a pick me, up that has Creatine, Betaine, L-Carnitine and L-Tartrate in it, but lets me sleep due to the lack of caffeine. I also have some LIT postwork out mix, that has about 200mg plus BCAA's in it; that's what I had this morning as I'm still a little sore from Monday nights session of "Teaching the Weights a Lesson."

Last edited by King Rudi; 10-16-2019 at 07:36 AM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #52
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

That's outrageous lol just drink your coffee black like a man! I would say my combined caffeine intake throughout the day with preworkout and coffee is less than 400mg haha
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      10-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #53
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That's outrageous lol just drink your coffee black like a man! I would say my combined caffeine intake throughout the day with preworkout and coffee is less than 400mg haha
Like a man? Drinking it black isn't the point. It has to do with willpower. Does this mean that rather than cutting out sodas I should just drink diet coke like a man? I'm just messing with you. The vast majority of this journey is about willpower and overcoming particular things that I used as a crutch for many years. Yes, it can be said that I have replaced one crutch for another......but most likely my response would be something to the affect of F off. Coffee and preworkout have the same amount of calories, one tastes like ass and the other tastes like how strippers body spray smells.....I suppose the two tastes/smells could be combined since we are using strippers as an analogy. For argument sake, coffee will get me going, while preworkout already has me across the finish line and last way longer.

On a serious health aspect on this topic, although I recognize that I'm abusing the caffeine, I do make concessions in usage. I take two nights off a week from the gym, I also take at least one night off Monday-Friday from sex so that I can get a good 8 hours of sleep. I also make sure that on the weekends I get plenty of rest all while reducing my caffeine intake.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      10-16-2019, 03:48 PM   #54
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I need this much caffeine because tiger blood is thick AF and I need a little something extra to keep it coursing through my veins at optimal levels.

Seriously, I used to drink coffee throughout the day until I started paying more attention to my daily intake. I run 100 mph from the time I wake up 4:00-4:30 a.m. until my head hits the pillow at 11:00-11:30 p.m. I don't get near enough sleep throughout the week. Rather than sipping on coffee (that I litter with cream and sugar) all day, I've replaced that with strategically timed drinks of preworkout - WAY less calories and WAAAY more caffeine. I imagine, to those of you who read my posts, there is a clear distinction between my early morning posts/ramblings compared to afternoon/post lunch posts.

I'd say my tolerance is up there, but it still hits me pretty well in the morning and right before the gym. I alternate between the drinks I take. In the morning it's usually LIT preworkout (I think 240mg of caffeine) or Mr. Hyde (400mg!). After the gym I drink Growth Surge, which is a pick me, up that has Creatine, Betaine, L-Carnitine and L-Tartrate in it, but lets me sleep due to the lack of caffeine. I also have some LIT postwork out mix, that has about 200mg plus BCAA's in it; that's what I had this morning as I'm still a little sore from Monday nights session of "Teaching the Weights a Lesson."

Trust me....I've seen people that used much more potent stuff!

Back when they could put DMAA in supplements. I think they banned it, reinstated it, then banned it again.

My training partner used it. I remember we were at one of his competitions where he was jacked up on that, hit some smelling salts, then proceeded to walk over to me.....scream/grunt....headbuttted me....then hit his lift.

Afterwards I calmly told him I knew he was psyching himself up.....but if he ever did that again I would not hesitate to lay his ass out.

Next attempt, he hit the salts again....took a step towards me...then I guess he remembered what I said as then turned away and slapped himself a couple of times before stepping on the platform.

He apologized later. But that hurt and pissed me off!