M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Today, 11:02 AM   #7921
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
All the effort to answer questions only to have that person vanish regarding their own questions being answered.
I once put this effort in on here. No more, personally.
I've learned that changing people's minds is past difficult.
Years of being called a nutter because I don't tow the popular, OFFICIAL, opinion.
Welp, how'd all that turn out?
I'll tell ya how...I was right.
If you think about the word "useful" do you really want a personal attachment?

So now I just shite post 97.2% of the time.

But please carry on. Good info.
You don't think it was your bonkers Right Wing and conspiracy theory-laden posts of the past that may have been the reasons why you're not overly convincing?
      Today, 12:07 PM   #7922
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
You don't think it was your bonkers Right Wing and conspiracy theory-laden posts of the past that may have been the reasons why you're not overly convincing?
It could also be seen as method in the madness.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:16 PM   #7923
Dan B
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Man View Post
And that statement is wrong. It is factually wrong to imply there is equivalency between the lefts EV mandates that are made hand in glove with destroying the grid and Just Stop Oil and people saying ICE with current emission controls will destroy the planet.

"US" have to live with broken grids and EV mandates because people ARN'T CALLING OUT THE GREEN INSANITY for what it is! Insanity! You're giving credence to something that is completely despicable in its actions and what it hopes to accomplish.
I never said or implied anything like that. I stated both rabid groups exhibit the same behavior, but nowhere do I imply equivalency.

Quote:

"US" have to live with broken grids and EV mandates because people ARN'T CALLING OUT THE GREEN INSANITY for what it is! Insanity! You're giving credence to something that is completely despicable in its actions and what it hopes to accomplish.
Where do I endorse the radical left? Never have and never will. I think radicals on both sides are wrong. Period. I hate the stop oil movement. I think they are pretentious cancer and cause harm. Now, if there was a reasonable person with the same viewpoint as them, without the radicalization, I would love to debate them.

Lastly, putting works in someone's mouth, yelling (yeah I know it is words but you get my point), and basically reducing the discussion to attacking/defending, is the reason people no longer have polite debates.

So, well done, you have successfully driven me away from this conversation. You can continue to yell your opinion into a self reinforcing vacuum.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:32 PM   #7924
Ugly Kar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42

Quote:
Green Insanity hocus pocus math attempts to obscure the reality that there is no free lunch moving thousands of pounds down the road. The inputs and outputs get moved around and in the case of EV's the sum total game is often much worse than ICE. Save Gaia and Stop Oil are based on emotional fantasy that is being made into national policy that will have disastrous consequences for many. As always, the poor's will take it up the rear.

My god, watch any Biden environmental official testifying before any house or senate committee, they are completely clueless on anything related to facts or numbers! They parrot rote Green Insanity talking points issued by various Green Insanity groups. People keep thinking the adults will show up when the Green nut jobs are the only ones in the room! They don't give two shits for regular Joes or how much of his money they blow!
It's not the Green Insanity groups that scare me, it's the deep state. If a MSM journalist has a contrary opinion, they get fired. If they work somewhere else they get put on a list, or a visit, or both. Herr Goebbles and Pravda are proud.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick59628.50
eugenebmw1453.50
      Today, 12:33 PM   #7925
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
I never said or implied anything like that. I stated both rabid groups exhibit the same behavior, but nowhere do I imply equivalency.

Where do I endorse the radical left? Never have and never will. I think radicals on both sides are wrong. Period. I hate the stop oil movement. I think they are pretentious cancer and cause harm. Now, if there was a reasonable person with the same viewpoint as them, without the radicalization, I would love to debate them.

Lastly, putting works in someone's mouth, yelling (yeah I know it is words but you get my point), and basically reducing the discussion to attacking/defending, is the reason people no longer have polite debates.

So, well done, you have successfully driven me away from this conversation. You can continue to yell your opinion into a self reinforcing vacuum.
This is actually a politics thread disguised as an EV one. You will have as much success here as you would with a maga uncle. The ignorance is pervasive, and aggressive; a cesspool of reactionary, self-reinforcing dunning-kruger, coupled with belligerent psychopathy. Truly a creation of the internet, the only place where it can survive.

Last edited by murderspice; Today at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:37 PM   #7926
portisleft
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
It all comes down to cost of ownership, and EVs outpace ICE cars between 8-10X when it comes to money coming out of your pocket.

EVs are perfect as grocery-getter, kid-hauler and commuting vehicles - basically 95% of the types of things a car is for. EVs are far more efficient in traffic than on the highway, and even there, they're still 5-8 times less costly to run (vs 10-12x in the city).

Leno had a great comparison between ICE cars and horses - Just because cars replaced horses didn't mean horses and horseback riding went away. In fact, there are still about 1/2 as many horses as there were 100 years ago and they lead a MUCH better life today than before the transition took place. They went from a being primarily a working animal to a sporting animal.

Same with ICE - they're not going to go away, and the one that will remain will be enjoyed by their owners and cared for far better.

Source: we're driving an EV 95% of the time and I take my family out in the 'silly loud car' for drives every now and then when I feel like shifting gears and thrashing it through turns making my wife and kid giggle, only to realized that I spend as much money on gas in an afternoon as it would cost to charge the car for 2 months.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 12:38 PM   #7927
beaups
Rep
Drives: 23 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderspice View Post
This is actually a politics thread disguised as an EV one. You will have as much success here as you would with a maga uncle.
It's cute you think that EVs and politics are two different things.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick59628.50
eugenebmw1453.50
      Today, 12:48 PM   #7928
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaups View Post
It's cute you think that EVs and politics are two different things.
It should be marked as political then, just like the picture threads.
      Today, 01:00 PM   #7929
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
This is actually a politics thread disguised as an EV one. You will have as much success here as you would with a maga uncle. The ignorance is pervasive, and aggressive; a cesspool of reactionary, self-reinforcing dunning-kruger, coupled with belligerent psychopathy. Truly a creation of the internet, the only place where it can survive.
You're talking rubbish. It's an open thread to discuss how EV's are being forced onto the public through lies and double dealing also right from my first post how EV's are a mistake for a lot of people.
Appreciate 1
eugenebmw1453.50
      Today, 01:00 PM   #7930
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I'm not right wing though. I am NO BULLSHIT. I'd take Bill Clinton over George Bush. Bills wife is another story. Flipping antichrist.
Each, what you call conspiracies, proved to be factual. All of them.

Try some different research avenues because you're in the weeds, along with millions of other trusting souls.
Cheers.

Last edited by gonzo; Today at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:07 PM   #7931
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
Can't believe I just had to read four consecutive posts about how only the EV MPGe figure-generators are the people who cook their books.

In a 5 minute google search I could probably compile a blatantly-obvious list of bad actors in the oil/petroleum industry. These companies have embedded themselves to the highest levels; this industry has apparently brainwashed the masses into thinking they're looking out for the public's best interest.

Who was the biggest advocate for vapes to replace cigarettes? Marlboro's investment team, behind the scenes. MPG and MPGe are both a racket and it's asinine to think one is not because you like the torque-generating method of ICE or EV. But they're all we have to judge publicly.
      Today, 01:24 PM   #7932
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
Can't believe I just had to read four consecutive posts about how only the EV MPGe figure-generators are the people who cook their books.
Its called brigading. They all get their info from the same source.
      Today, 01:35 PM   #7933
Weather Man
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition AWD

Quote:

Alas Babylon, there is no debating with the Green Insanity. Some people are starting to speak up, but we'll all get to live through the stupidity. To many perfectly nice people such as yourself that just can't imagine the pain coming down the pike. Well, there is still some time and elections to come, so who knows, maybe sanity will prevail.

Also, Stop Oil without radicalization is an oxymoron.

Last edited by Weather Man; Today at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:50 PM   #7934
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:

That's the issue though. No one can take a position of "end oil" and not be radical. Rational, normal, mature people, realize the world runs on oil and will continue to run on oil because of performance and economics. Such normal people ignore stupid shit.

To get attention from rational, normal, mature people, one has to act like a petulant child. Hence... Greta.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; Today at 01:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
      Today, 01:55 PM   #7935
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Its called brigading. They all get their info from the same source.
I get my information from peer-reviewed scientific text books written before the internet existed.
Appreciate 1