M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

01-30-2017, 03:40 PM   #1
Maximo1970
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 M5

Online Album Info

I have recently purchased my car, a 2012 UK model and just activated the ConnectedDrive subscription, mainly to have a play and see what's all about.

But did notice that one of the services is Online Album Info, I have a few CD's that aren't recognised by the GraceNote Db. I have the latest version installed, 2015. I was hoping that I'd be able to lookup those CD's, but for some reason when I go into the Options I can't select Update Album Info, it's grey'd out.

For reference one of the CD's is Dido, Life for rent.

Have I just been unlucky or is there something I need to do for this to work?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 06:51 PM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo1970 View Post
I have recently purchased my car, a 2012 UK model and just activated the ConnectedDrive subscription, mainly to have a play and see what's all about.

But did notice that one of the services is Online Album Info, I have a few CD's that aren't recognised by the GraceNote Db. I have the latest version installed, 2015. I was hoping that I'd be able to lookup those CD's, but for some reason when I go into the Options I can't select Update Album Info, it's grey'd out.

For reference one of the CD's is Dido, Life for rent.

Have I just been unlucky or is there something I need to do for this to work?
Latest release is 2016.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 07:16 AM   #3
Maximo1970
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 M5

Went into my local dealer over the weekend and asked if they could update the GraceNote Db. The service agent I spoke to said there wasn't a software update for that and told me it was down to the format of the CD's. Not very helpful to say the least, he didn't really understand that you can store CD's.

I've got a copy of the 2015 release but haven't got it installed, for some reason i was getting an error that I haven't looked into yet. Are there different version to go with the model years or is it one size fits all?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo1970 View Post
Went into my local dealer over the weekend and asked if they could update the GraceNote Db. The service agent I spoke to said there wasn't a software update for that and told me it was down to the format of the CD's. Not very helpful to say the least, he didn't really understand that you can store CD's.

I've got a copy of the 2015 release but haven't got it installed, for some reason i was getting an error that I haven't looked into yet. Are there different version to go with the model years or is it one size fits all?
Gracenote-DB for NBT/NBT-EVO 03/2016 Europe
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #5
beach48
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F02 760LI

what is ConnectedDrive subscription? what do you get?
Appreciate 0